Retail Sales Management
Communication at the sales level
Striving for Optimal Revenues: Revenue Management
E-commerce: How to trace your clients on the web
RETAIL SALES MANAGEMENT
- To acquire and deepen knowledge of distribution channels as part of the marketing mix, with a focus on retail trade.
- To understand the overall picture of distribution in Europe and in Spain; to become acquainted with distribution channels, their characteristics and current trends; to address implantation techniques of retail trade and merchandising techniques.
- The distribution of marketing mix variables: Definitions and concepts. Strategic decisions regarding the choice of appropriate distribution channels.
- Differences between trade and retail management.
- Different types of distribution channels.
- Marketing management at the POS: merchandising as a sales technique, window dressing, shop floor profitability.
- Franchising as an alternative to retail trade.
COMMUNICATION AT THE SALES LEVEL
- To contextualize the strategic plan of a company / a destination
- To acquire different communication techniques in the tourism sector
- To practice a sample of communication techniques in the by realizing a communication plan
- Introduction to the tourism sector and to its communication systems and processes, to the marketing plan and to communication strategies
- Communication plan: The context, identity versus image of a brand, presentation of the case and communication techniques
- How communication channels influence customer loyalty
STRIVING FOR OPTIMAL REVENUES: REVENUE MANAGEMENT
- To introduce the participants to the bases and essentials of the RM techniques and to train them in the development of reasoning on key functions (managing demand, price determination, and decision making related to marketing and sales)
- Definition, background and conditions of the system
- Components and objectives of the management according to the revenue management system
- Tools and indicators which are used in the field of revenue management to manage capacities, to allocate discounts, and to control the length of stays as key factors which allow us management of perishable services while achieving maximum results.
- Demand control
- Uncertainty of arrivals
- Price setting
- Revenues for groups
- How to structure revenue management
- How to facilitate revenue management within the organization
E-COMMERCE: HOW TO TRACE YOUR CLIENTS ON THE WEB
- To present the internet as a distinctive marketing tool to commercialize hotel establishments so as to maximize performance and profits of the hotels.
- To acquire knowledge of key functions to optimize results
- The internet as a tool for work
- Occupation, channels and segments
- Budgets (forecast, pick up and revpar)
- Short- and long-term sales strategy concerning objectives, competitors, history and events
- Key for success: availability + adequate price + product
- Empowerment of booking processes to online booking centers and operators
- Parity rates, mark up, and best available rate
- Emerging trends in the markets
- Dynamic packages, offers and differentiation of the products online