Gastronomy - the Global Tourism Ambassador
Technical Applications and Innovative Cooking Technologies
Avant-garde Pastry Workshop
GASTRONOMY - THE GLOBAL TOURISM AMBASSADOR
- To become acquainted with the history of European cuisine.
- To analyze the catering sector in Spain.
- To learn about the culinary trends and the regional traditions of Spanish cuisine.
- To investigate new culinary techniques applied in haute cuisine.
- Introduction: The catering sector in Spain, segments of the market structure with a focus on the catering market.
- The variety of the Spanish cuisine, traditional dishes for each autonomous community.
- The European cuisine in a circle of constant reinvention: An introduction, the very first restaurant, nouvelle cuisine, fusion cooking and haute cuisine.Spain goes international - exporting top cooks and Spanish delicacies.
- Marketing management at the POS: merchandising as a sales technique, window dressing, shop floor profitability.
- Franchising as an alternative to retail trade.
TECHNICAL APPLICATIONS AND INNOVATIVE COOKING TECHNOLOGIES
- To acquire the technical skills necessary to develop from a cuisine based on traditional methods to cutting-edge cooking. Consequently intending to modernize the offer while at the same time adapting innovative technology developments.
- IntroductionThe evolution of consumer tastes.
- Application of new technologies.
- Cold kitchen.
- Raw food: The influence of eastern cuisine.
- New methods and styles of cooking.
- Edible reduction.
- Edible texture.
- Sauces bound by gelling and thickening agents.
AVANT-GARDE PASTRY WORKSHOP
- Become familiar with classical yet renovated recipes and new interpretations representing up-to-date patisserie, so as to aide the interested professional to have it at reach for the analysis, design, and practical application in the field of catering.
- Classical elaborations and new trends in contemporary pastry.
- Developments in consumer tastes.
- Raw materials and basic products.
- New pastry ingredients: vegetables, herbs, spices, flowers.
- Principal elaborations.
- Structure and decoration of pastries.