CETT Barcelona International Summer Courses 2011
Marketing or Services, Successful Sales Management
General Objectives of the Program:
The program has the intention to successfully lead the participants through the different commercialization paths that are required by the actual market situation. The instruments and methods to analyze and develop strategies stand in the centre of the lectures so as to provide the necessary tools to react to the need of every market adequately.
The course is based on theoretical classes. The content will later on be applied in a practical part that deals with the development, analysis, and debate of the corresponding cases.
Retail Sales Management
• Acquiring and deepening knowledge of distribution channels as part of the marketing mix with a focus on retail trade.
• Understanding the overall picture of the distribution in Europe and Spain, to get to know the distribution channels, its characteristics and current trends, to address implantation techniques of retail trade and the techniques of merchandising.
• The distribution of marketing mix variables: Definitions and concepts. Strategic decisions regarding the choice of appropriate distribution channels.
• Differences between trade and retail management.
• Different types of distribution channels.
• Marketing management at the POS: merchandising as a sales technique, window dressing, shop floor profitability.
• Franchising as an alternative to retail trade.
Communication at Sales Level
• Contextualizing the strategic plan of a company / a destination.
• Acquiring different communication techniques in the tourism sector.
• Practicing some communication techniques in the course by realizing a communication plan.
• Introduction to the tourism sector and to its communication systems and processes, to the marketing plan and to the communication strategies.
• Communication plan: The context, identity versus image of a brand, presentation of the case and communication techniques.
• The role of communication channels influencing customer loyalty.
Striving for Optimal Revenues: Revenue Management
• Introducing the participants to the bases and essentials of the RM techniques and training them in the development of reasoning on key functions (managing demand, price determination, and decision making related to marketing and sales).
• Definition, background and conditions of the system.
• Components and objectives of the management according to the revenue management system.
• Tools and indicators which are used in the field of revenue management to manage the capacities, to allocate discounts, and to control the length of stays as key factors which allow us to manage our perishable services while achieving maximum results.
• Demand control.
• Uncertainty of arrivals.
• Price setting.
• Revenues for groups.
• How to structure revenue management.
• How to facilitate revenue management within the organization.
E-commerce: How to trace your clients on the web!?
• Presenting the internet as a distinctive marketing tool to commercialize hotel establishments so as to maximize performance and profits of the hotels.
• Acquiring the key functions to optimize results.
• Internet as a tool for work.
• Occupation, channels and segments.
• Budgets (forecast, pick up and revpar).
• Short- and long-term sales strategy concerning objectives, competitors, history and events.
• Key for success: availability + adequate price + product.
• Empowerment of booking processes to online booking centers and operators.
• Emerging trends in the markets.
• Dynamic packages, offers and differentiation of the products online.