Introduction to coding
- Introduction to command line & tools.
- Getting started with your computer Terminal and its commands.
- Atom editor, Google Chrome and GitHub.
- Introduction to Html5: Block elements and inline elements.
- Introduction to CSS: Selectos and Text properties.
- The box Model and Layouts.
- Basic Data Types: Strings.
- Booleans and Conditional Statements.
- Basic Data types: Array.
- Loops, Iterations and Functions.
- Basic data types: Objects.
The learning methodology applied in this course consists of several key elements that allow achieving the objectives mentioned above simultaneously. The methodology is defined as follows:
- In-class lectures that transfer basic and specific knowledge. Class participation is crucial in order for students to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills targeted in the program.
- Case Studies reflect the content so as to help the student put into practice the theoretic contents.
- Complementary activities such as visits that support the students in further understanding and implementing the contents provided by the program. In case of four week modality program: During an optional extra week students will have to develop a Final Project working in small groups where their skills of self-management, responsibility, leadership and teamwork will be reinforced and practical knowledge gained through in depth, methodical study of the chosen topic. During this process students will be guided by tutors and will have to present and defend the project on the last day of the course.
The evaluation of the program will be conducted by reviewing the students’ work and participation during the program. The participants are evaluated on a daily basis during the lectures and through the practical cases to be developed and defended. Attendance to all lectures and professional activities is mandatory.
In case of 3 week modality program:
The continued evaluation stands for 60% while the final test evaluation for 40% of the general mark of the program.
In case of 4 week modality program:
The continued evaluation will stand for 40%, the final test evaluation for 20% and the mark for the Final Project for 40% of the general mark of the program.