FINAL PROJECT (4 WEEKS OPTION)
CULTURAL TRENDS, GLOBAL VALUES VS LOCAL PATTERNS
- Discover how cultural interaction affects local or global behaviour.
- Analyze globalization and its impact on an attraction’s potential.
- Study and analyze the current functions of the market of cultural mediation.
Transformation of the typical leisure behaviour patterns.
Production and organization of relationships; social networks.
Cultural creation in the city.
Cultural trends in a global environment.
Global values versus local patterns of behaviour.
The functions of cultural mediation:
o Pros and cons on the ethics of cultural mediation.
o Decision makers in the mediation industry.
o Cultural mediators as perfect intermediaries of cultural proposals.
o Production and organization of relationships, the functions of mediator.
- Identify experiences aiming at maximizing leisure time and how this affects patterns of behaviour.
- Using the brand as a strategical tool.
- Changing of consumers patterns affecting the use of time.
- Experiences of a destination in permanent evolution.
- The search for experiences.
- Destination Branding.
URBAN TRENDS IN SMART CITIES
- Show the importance of social movement and social networks.
- Identify urban events as catalysts of tourism.
- City life: what makes it attractive and major tourism destination.
- Social movements and consumer behavior.
- Consumerism in the urban paradise.
- Major events as catalysts in the urban development of Barcelona.
- A sports club and its contribution to cultural and identification patterns of a city.
- Urban festivals.
- Youth and alternative urban spaces.
- Global migrations: melting in a urban atmosphere.
- Show how innovation and technology affect the development of a destination.
- Discover how to manage a smart destination.
- Smarts cities, managing the future.
- Smart destination pillars: economy, governance, quality of life, people, environment and mobility.
- Innovation and technology applied to the new social model.
Examples of professional visits:
- Official Tourism Office of Catalonia – Catalunya Experience
- Barcelona City Hall (Ajuntament de Barcelona)