The course lasts 1 year.
School year: from November 2016 to June 2017.
Tuesday's Group: October, 11th 2016 to June, 7th 2017.
+ Information Session, 4th of October from 10.00 to 13.00.*
Wednesday's Group: November, 9th 2016 to June, 29th 2017.
+ Information Session, 2th of November from 10.00 to 13.00.*
*Total: 160 hours (+150 hours of practicum)
30 European Credits.
Total course hours: 165
**Module 1 18 hours **
Foundations of the art of mixology and coffee preparation
- Contemporary history of mixology and baristas
- Conceptual tasting
Module 2 87 hours
Bartender: Products, processes, and techniques
- Classical and avant-garde techniques
- Science and mixology
- Spirits and liquors
- Juices, syrups, mixers, and ice
- Decoration techniques
- Decoration with fruit and fruit cuts
- Free Pouring
- Working flair
- Mixology in constant evolution
- Creative process
- Stage presence
**Module 3 **
The Barist: Foundations and technology.
- Aspects of coffee roasting and preparations
- Water and its importance
- Raw materials, types of milk
- Milk emulsions, Latte art: Etching and Free Pouring
**Module 4 **
- Architecture and design of facilities and graphic design
- Customer psychology – experience management
- Economic-financial management
- Personnel management
- Quality management
- Marketing and business positioning: Communications, public relations, and applying new technology.
**Module 5 150 hours **
- Practicum in a cocktail bar/ high-end restaurant or the possibility of accrediting work experience.