The course has a total length of 1500 hours, from which 250 are allocated for internships and 670 for practical lessons at the Kitchen and Hospitality classrooms of the CETT. Throughout the course, you will acquire the following knowledge modules:
Module I: Gastronomy and the Culinary Technique (18 credits)
- Basic Cooking Techniques
- Basic Baking Techniques
- Kitchens of the World I
- Introduction to Wine, Beer and Other Beverages: Bar&Wine I
- Health and Gastronomy I
- Introduction to Kitchen Management
Module II: Kitchen Processes and Technology (16 credits)
- Cooking Techniques’ Improvement I
- Baking Techniques’ improvement I
- Kitchens of the World II
- Introduction to Cooking Innovation: Methods and Techniques
- Introduction to Wine, Beer and Other Beverages: Bar&Wine II
- Health and Gastronomy II
- Introduction to Innovation and Business Design in Hospitality
- Business Management in Hospitality I
Module III: Innovation and Management in Hospitality (16 credits)
- Innovative Kitchen Methods and Techniques: Avant-garde Cooking
- Cooking Techniques’ Improvement II
- Baking Techniques’ Improvement II
- Kitchens of the World III
- Health and Gastronomy III
Practicum (10 credits)
The Professional Chef diploma takes into account the accomplishment of 250 hours of mandatory internship, which can be performed in restaurants an other catering companies through our Career Services department, in which there are available internships offered by national and international companies.
In order to carry out the internship, you will have two alternatives according to your availability:
- Carry out the internship outside your class schedule but during your academic term.
- Carry out the internship after the academic term in a specific amount of time.
Furthermore, we offer you the possibility to perform additional internship periods in CETT’s partner establishments to favor your inclusion into the job market.