This year, because of the situation caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, to help students affected by the pandemic to continue studying at CETT, we have moved forward the scholarship application period and have also made some changes to the application requirements.
This way, we hope to be able to grant financial support prior to enrolling in the next academic year.
Students Scholarship 2020/21
To help students in financial need who are able to show interest and commitment both academically and professionally so they can continue their training in the areas of tourism, hospitality and gastronomy
Students who in 2020/21 are in their second year of a Vocational Training Program at the Professional Technical School, Undergraduate and Lifelong Learning Programs at the School of Tourism and Hospitality CETT-UB.
- Exceptionally, for this call for scholarships, applicants already holding a Degree or Vocational Training Qualification may also apply.
- Students in Vocational Training programs must have passed all subjects in the 2019/20 summer semester.
- Undergraduate students must have passed all subjects in the 2019/20 fall semester.
- Students taking Lifelong Learning Courses must have passed all subjects until the scholarship application deadline.
- To apply for a scholarship, the applicants’ household annual income cannot exceed the threshold defined by the Ministerio de Educación y Formación Profesional (Ministry of Education and Vocational Training in Spanish) – threshold 3, household income)..
1.4. Economic assistance:
The scholarships can amount to:
A retention of 2% will be applied to the amount of the scholarship according to the IRPF Law 40/1998.
The scholarship fee will be deducted from the pending monthly payments during the rest of the academic year.
1.5. Candidate Evaluation Criterias:
To be eligible for a scholarship the following criteria will be considered: the economic situation of the applicant’s household, particularly of those applicants who have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic; year of study; academic transcripts; work placement/internship assessment report; interest and level of motivation for the training programs and the area; holding a Ministerio de Educación scholarship the year before.
1.6. Documents to be presented:
Applicants must fill in an online Scholarship application form. The following documents must be attached:
- Household annual income form from the previous year from all members in the household who are eligible to pay income tax. Members who are not eligible to pay income tax must provide with income tax exemption form.
- Depending on the household circumstances, documents which can prove special financial status (disability statements, alimony, bereavement allowance, orphan’s allowance, tenancy agreement, etc…).
- Documents which certify the applicant or the applicant’s household financial status has severely changed due to unforeseen circumstances, for instance:
- Having been furloughed
- Self-employed applicants must provide certification of end of business or prove a 75% income reduction on the month they apply for the scholarship, compared to the income received over the previous semester.
- Academic Transcript for the 2019/20 year to be provided by CETT’s Secretary.
Application period: 1 to 8 June 2020.
Applications must be submitted filling in this online form*.
*(Active form from the first day of the application submission period).
All required documents must be attached with application forms.
After applications have been submitted, the Scholarships Committee may request submission of further documents or an online interview with eligible candidates.
Applications that do not include all required documents will be automatically denied.
- Scholarships will be granted considering fulfillment of required criteria and to determine the final amount.
- The Scholarships Committee made up by members of Barcelona Turisme, Barcelona City Council and CETT (Administration, Career Services and Scholarships Services) will communicate each candidate the resolution via Campus Virtual on 6 July 2020.
- Scholarships will be awarded upon enrolment for the 2020/21 year within the set deadlines.
- Appeals to the Scholarships Committee will be done through CETT Campus Virtual (CETT Foundation) within 8 days after being notified. Appeals submitted after this deadline will NOT be considered.