Students Scholarship 2019/20
To guarantee that CETT students who show interest and ability both academically and professionally are able to continue their studies in the field of tourism, hospitality and gastronomy despite economic hardship.
Applicants for this scholarship must accredit their family's income and assets.
Students in Vocational Training programs at the EHT and undergraduate degrees at the EUHT CETT-UB.
- Be enrolled in one of the Vocational Training courses (full year) at the EHT, or, for undergraduate students, be enrolled in at least 60 ECTs at the EUHT CETT-UB.
- Have passed all of the courses from the prior academic year. Non applications with failed subjects will be accepted.
- Have applied for a General scholarship (Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports)
- For the purposes of the scholarship, have a maximum income per member of the applicant's family below that set each year by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports.
- Once the ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIP application has been submitted to the Fundación Gaspar Espuña-CETT with all of the accompanying documents, have an interview with a person from the Scholarships Committee.
1.4. Economic assistance:
The amounts of the ACADEMIC scholarships are:
The scholarship amount will be subtracted from the pending monthly payments until the end of the academic year.
1.5. Assessment criteria for awarding scholarships:
The following aspects will be taken into consideration when awarding the scholarships: Family/financial situation, year in which the student is enrolled, academic transcript, assessment of practical training and experience, interest and degree of motivation in studies and the profession, and whether they obtained the general academic scholarship from the MECS the prior year.
1.6. Documents to be presented:
- ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIP Application Form, duly filled out.
- Complete photocopy of the most recent tax returns of all family members who had to file a return.
- Business owners or self-employed individuals must present documentation on the result of their activities (corporate income tax or income tax on economic activities).
- Copy of the application receipt for the academic scholarship from the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport.
- Accreditation of income not included in tax returns (work, pensions, unemployment benefits, severance payments, etc.) for family members from the last financial year.
- Documentation accrediting any special family circumstances (alimony payments in separations, widow's pension, orphanage, renting a house, disability certificate, etc.).
- The CETT Registrar's Office will include a summary of the student's grades from the prior year with the documentation presented.
1.7. Filing applications:
Students must fill in the application and attach all required documentation. To file an application, students must have an interview:
Period for requesting interviews via the CETT Virtual Campus (click here):
- 30th Septembre - 15th October, 2019
All scholarship applications that do not include the required documentation will be rejected.
The Scholarship Committee will notify applicants in writing of their decision no later than 60 days after the deadline for submitting applications.
If the student does not agree with the decision regarding their scholarship application, he or she can request a review of the decision by the Scholarship Committee on the CETT Virtual Campus (FUNDACIO GASPAR ESPUÑA-CETT) within 15 days of receiving notification. Any request for review received after this period will NOT be accepted.