Talent New acces Scholarships for new students for Vocational Training Courses and Bachelor’s Degree Courses
Talent New acces Scholarships for new students for Vocational Training Courses in Cooking and Restaurant Business and Bachelor’s Degree Courses, 2021/2022
Encourage and reward talented students who wish to pursue studies in tourism, hospitality or gastronomy.
E.S.O. students (secondary school leavers), Pre-University students, Higher Vocational Training Courses holders who wish to access CETT Higher Vocational Training Courses in cooking or restaurant business or CETT Undergraduate programs.
- Secondary School leavers must have an average score of 7.5 or above (B, B+) on their academic record.
- Pre-university students must have an average score of 7.5 or above (B, B+) on their academic record.
- Higher Vocational Training Courses holders must have an average score of 7.5 or above B, B+) on their academic record.
To be eligible for a Talent Scholarship for Vocational Training Courses
- Candidates must have enrolled or officially applied n the CETT studies for de 2021/22 academic year.
To be eligible for a Talent Scholarship for Bachelor’s Degree Courses
- Candidates must have applied for a EUHT CETT-UB undergraduate program on their 2021 university enrolment as first choice.
- Exceptionally this year, not holding officially recognized qualifications of the same or higher rank as for the qualification applied for at CETT is not a compulsory requirement.
- The applicants’ household annual income cannot exceed the threshold defined by the Ministerio de Educación y Formación Profesional* (Ministry of Education and Vocational Training in Spanish – threshold 3, household income).
- Not having been a recipient of any other CETT Fundació scholarship or grant for the 2021/2022 academic year. Otherwise, the amount of the scholarship or the most favorable discount to the student will be applied. The scholarship will only be compatible with the discount for cash payment.
1.4. Fees and number of scholarships:
These are all the scholarships called for:
- 2 scholarships for 1st year students taking the Technician in Cooking, Gastronomy and Restaurant Business Services Vocational Training Course
- 2 scholarships for 1st year students taking the Higher Technician in Kitchen Management Vocational Training Course
- 1 scholarship for 1st year students taking the Higher Technician in Restaurant Business Service Management Vocational Training Course
- 4 scholarships for 1st year students taking the Bachelor’s Degree in Tourism
- 2 scholarships for 1st year students taking the Bachelor’s Degree in Culinary & Gastronomic Sciences
- 4 scholarships for 1st year students taking the Bachelor’s Degree in Digital Business and Tourism Innovation
Scholarships for Vocational Training Courses will cover 25% of the course tuition fees for 2021/2022; they do not cover enrolment fees, lunch fees and class materials.
Scholarships for the Bachelor’s Degree in Tourism and Bachelor’s Degree in Digital Business and Tourism Innovation will cover 25% of the course tuition fees for 2021/2022; they do not cover enrolment fees and UB enrolment tax.
Scholarships for the Bachelor’s Degree in Culinary and Gastronomic Sciences will cover 25% of the course tuition fees for 2021/2022; they do not cover enrolment fees, UB enrolment tax and class materials.
Following Spanish legislation 40/1998 IRPF, 2% taxation will be deducted from the full scholarship amount.
The scholarship fee will be deducted from the pending monthly payments during the rest of the academic year.
1.5. Candidate Evaluation Criteria:
To be eligible for a scholarship the following criteria will be considered:
- Best academic records
- The economic situation of the applicant’s household (particularly of those households that do not exceed the threshold defined by the Ministerio de Educación y Formación Profesional and those applicants who have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic).
- Personal statement
1.6. Required documents:
Candidates will have to fill the Scholarship online application form for Talent Scholarship for Vocational Training Courses and Undergraduate Programs and attach the following scanned documents:
- Passport size photograph
- Proof of Identity (National Identity Card; DNI; NIE, Passport)
- Pre-university students: academic record with average mark for pre-university studies.
- Higher Vocational Training Courses holders: academic record with average mark for HVTC.
- Secondary school leavers: academic record with average mark for Secondary School studies.
- Candidates applying for a Scholarship for Bachelor’s Degree Courses must provide pre-university enrolment form that clearly states having chosen EUHT CETT-UB Bachelor Degree programs as first choice.
- Household annual income form from the previous year from all members in the household who are eligible to pay income tax. Members who are not eligible to pay income tax must provide with income tax exemption form.
- Depending on the household circumstances, documents which can prove special financial status (disability statements, alimony, bereavement allowance, orphan’s allowance, tenancy agreement, etc…).
- Documents which certify the applicant or the applicant’s household financial status has severely changed due to unforeseen circumstances, for instance:
- Having been furloughed
- Self-employed applicants must provide certification of end of business or prove a 75% income reduction on the month they apply for the scholarship, compared to the income received over the previous semester.
1.7. Applications deadlines and documents:
Application period:From July 12 to 25, 2021.
In the event that the global endowment of the scholarships is not covered in period, a second period will be opened the first fortnight of September.
Applications must be submitted filling in this online form (Form closed. It will be open the first day of the application submission period).
All applications must include all required documents.
After applications have been submitted, the Scholarships Committee may request submission of further documents.
Applications that do not include all required documents will be automatically denied.
Scholarships will be granted considering fulfillment of required criteria and to the point of awarding all available grants.
The Scholarships Committee, made up by CETT members, will communicate via e-mail with candidates the resolution no later than 2 weeks after the applications deadline.
Tuition and UB enrolment tax for the year 2021/2022 will have to be paid on
1.9. Scholarship renewal request:
Scholarships may be renewed if candidates maintain the same academic (students must have an average score of 7.5 or above (B, B+) on their 2020/21 academic record) and financial status to be eligible and provided, they apply for renewal within the official set dates for the present call for scholarships.