Gastronomy - the Global Tourism Ambassador
Technical Applications and Innovative Cooking Technologies
Avant-garde Pastry Workshop
GASTRONOMY - THE GLOBAL TOURISM AMBASSADOR
- To get acquainted with the history of European cuisine.
- To analyze the catering sector in Spain.
- To learn about the culinary trends and regional traditions of Spanish cuisine.
- To discover new culinary techniques applied in haute cuisine.
- Introduction: The catering sector in Spain, segments of the market structure with a focus on the catering market;
- The variety of Spanish cuisine, traditional dishes from each autonomous community;
- European cuisine in a circle of constant reinvention: An introduction, the very first restaurant, nouvelle cuisine, fusion cooking and haute cuisine;
- Spain goes international - exporting top cooks and Spanish delicacies;
TECHNICAL APPLICATIONS AND INNOVATIVE COOKING TECHNOLOGIES
- To acquire the technical skills necessary to develop from a cuisine based on traditional methods to cutting-edge cooking, consequently intending to modernize the offer while adapting innovative technology developments.
- Evolution of consumer tastes;
- Application of new technologies;
- Cold buffet;
- Raw food: The influence of eastern cuisine;
- New methods and styles of cooking;
- Edible reduction;
- Edible texture;
- Sauces bound by gelling and thickening agents;
AVANT-GARDE PASTRY WORKSHOP
- To discover classical yet renovated recipes and new interpretations representing up-to-date patisserie, so as to aid the interested professional to have it at reach for the analysis, design, and practical application in the field of catering.
- Classical elaborations and new trends in contemporary pastry;
- Developments in consumer tastes;
- Raw materials and basic products;
- New pastry ingredients: vegetables, herbs, spices, flowers;
- Principal elaborations;
- Structure and decoration of pastries;