UB Taxes Reductions and Increases
The amount of the UB taxes is the percentage (27% of the official price) that students enrolled in an Affiliated Center must pay to the UB for the academic services and the Specific Services and Learning Support Tax (70€). This amount is established annually by the Decree of Public Tariffs and Prices of the Government of Catalonia, as well as the increases, reductions and exemptions that apply to the taxes.
Reductions, increases and exemptions:
- Regular. The total amount of the UB taxes must be paid. That is: the cost of the credit established by the Decree of Public Tariffs and Prices of the Government of Catalonia and the Specific Services and Learning Support Tax (70€).
- Condicional Grant. Students who apply for the Ministry General Grant must submit a copy of the official document that certifies the request of the Grant by the last week of October.
These students may only pay for the taxes of the credits they are re-enrolling and the Specific Services and Learning Support Tax (70€). All the credits enrolled for the fist are exempt of tax until the competent body decides if the Grant is awarded or not. If the Grant is not awarded, the student will be billed for the outstanding taxes. The student will receive a notification e-mail on the Virtual Campus.
- Exempt or Reduced. Students may pay for the Specific Services and Learning Support Tax and may be entitled to a partial or total discount of the credit price established by the Decree of Prices of the UB taxes:
- Large Family. Genral or Special Category.
Special category large family members are entitled to a 100% exemption of the public costs. General category large family members receive a 50% discount of the public costs.
- Distinction with honor awarded in High School
The Decree of Public Tariffs and Prices of the Government of Catalonia established that students who are awarded an distinction with honors or an Special Award in high school may be elegible for the total exemption of the public cost of the credits enrolled in the first year of studies.
This reduction does not apply to students who have attended high school in institutions with foreign education systems, except for authorized foreign institutions located in Spain.
- Special Protection Groups (Students with a degree of disability of 33% or higher, victims of terrorism - spouse and children - and victims of gender-based violence and dependent children)
This circumstances should be considered:
100% exception of the public costs
- Reduction for an Outstanding mark awarded the previous course. The amount of taxes (public costs) correspondent to number of the credits of the course awarded with an Outstanding mark is reduced.
- The Decree of Public Tariffs and Prices of the Government of Catalonia establishes the increase that must be applied to the public costs when re-enrolling a course for a second, third or forth time.
- Students who obtained the recognition of credits must pay the University the percentage amount established by the The Decree of Public Tariffs and Prices of the Government of Catalonia in respect of fees for credit recognition, except for the credits recognized in the adaptation process from Associate Degree to Bachelor's Degree in Tourism which are free.
During October, a bill for the UB taxes will be charged. There may be another billing during the course regarding the Ministry's General Grant, addition of courses or credit recognition.