SMART MANAGEMENT IN TOURISM
Beyond a purely technological perspective, tourism management is understood as the need to find the balance and connection between data and knowledge generation for decision-making. The above means that organizations and destinations must work to be committed to their citizens, be able to manage tourism flows and resources of a given destination in a sustainable way and integrate and make accessible their local culture to visitors, whilst adding value to experiences and making sure that these activities have a positive effect on the local economy and the quality of life of the residents.
Topics of interest:
- Sustainable Development Goals
- Governance and efficiency in tourism
- Tools for tourism flows regulation
- Revaluation of identity and culture through gastronomic resources
- Experiential tourism
- Ethics in tourism
- Creation of sensory spaces
- How to attract new markets
- Generating knowledge for decision making
- COVID19 pandemic: impacts, responses, etc.
- Case studies: good practices and successful models