As far as the Tourism Business is concerned, gastronomy has become an asset and reference over the last few years. At present, Spain has ascended towards a landmark of global trends, predominantly thanks to the awareness and leadership of its chefs. At the same time the food service sector has been targeting the optimization of its processes and the intensification of customer loyalty. The program intends to train students to be able to permanently adapt themselves to the market's demands through new methods of catering and originality, quality, and rapid adaptation of culinary delights. Students will participate in lecture style classes as well as workshops in order to develop skills in theoretical, practical and applicable ways.
Area of Study: Gastronomy, Enogastronomy
- Become acquainted with the history of European cuisine.
- Investigate new culinary techniques applied in haute cuisine.
- Analyze the catering sector in Spain.
- Learn about the culinary trends and the regional traditions of Spanish cuisine.
- Acquire the technical skills necessary to develop from a cuisine based on traditional methods to cutting-edge cooking. Consequently intending to modernize the offer while at the same time adapting innovative technology developments.
- Become familiar with classical yet renovated recipes and new interpretations representing current baking trends, so as to aid interested professionals in the analysis, design, and practical application in the field of catering.
Gastronomy: Spanish vs Global Perspective
- Gastronomy - the Global Tourism Ambassador
- Traditional Spanish Gastronomy
- Technical Applications and Innovative Culinary Technologies
- Avant-garde Pastry Workshop
|3 Week Modality||4 Week Modality|
|75 hours of instruction||90 hours of instruction|
|3rd of July - 20th of July 2023||3rd of July - 27th of July 2023|
GASTRONOMY: SPANISH VS GLOBAL PERSPECTIVES
GASTRONOMY - THE GLOBAL TOURISM AMBASSADOR
- The European cuisine in a circle of constant reinvention: an introduction to the very first restaurant, nouvelle cuisine, fusion cooking and haute cuisine.
- Spain goes international - exporting top cooks and Spanish delicacies.
- The impact of enogastronomic tourism.
- The wine industry in Spain.
- Introduction to wine tasting.
- Wine tasting of single-varietal Spanish wines.
TRADITIONAL SPANISH GASTRONOMY
- Introduction: The catering sector in Spain, segments of the market structure with a focus on the catering market.
- The variety of the Spanish cuisine, traditional dishes, and quality products from each autonomous community.
TECHNICAL APPLICATIONS AND INNOVATIVE CULINARY TECHNOLOGIES
- The evolution of consumer tastes.
- Spanish avant-garde cuisine: textures, liquid nitrogen, froths and foams.
- Fusion of cuisines from around world applied to haute cuisine.
- The impact of ecological products in cooking: their culinary application.
- Vegetarian and Vegan Gastronomy: ingredients and nutrition.
- Food intolerances and allergies: creative alternatives.
- Super Foods, Health & Nutrition.
AVANT-GARDE PASTRY WORKSHOP
- Classical elaborations and new trends in contemporary pastry.
- Developments in consumer tastes.
- Raw materials and basic products.
- New pastry ingredients: vegetables, herbs, spices, flowers.
- Principal elaborations.
- Structure and decoration of pastries.
The learning methodology applied in this course consists of several key elements that allow achieving the above mentioned objectives simultaneously. The methodology is defined as follows:
- In-class lectures that transfer basic and specific knowledge. Class participation is crucial in order for students to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills targeted in the program.
- Case Studies reflect the content so as to help the student put into practice the theoretic contents.
- Complementary activities such as visits that support the students in further understanding and implementing the contents provided by the program. In case of four week modality program: During an optional extra week students will have to develop a Final Project working in small groups where their skills of self-management, responsibility, leadership and teamwork will be reinforced and practical knowledge gained through in depth, methodical study of the chosen topic. During this process students will be guided by tutors and will have to present and defend the project on the last day of the course.
The evaluation of the program will be conducted by reviewing the students’ work and participation during the program. The participants are evaluated on a daily basis during the lectures and through the practical cases to be developed and defended. Attendance to all lectures and professional activities is mandatory.
In case of 3 week modality program:
The continued evaluation stands for 60% while the final test evaluation for 40% of the general mark of the program.
In case of 4 week modality program:
The continued evaluation will stand for 40%, the final test evaluation for 20% and the mark for the Final Project for 40% of the general mark of the program.
Tuition and Fees
|3-WEEK MODALITY||4-WEEK MODALITY|
|TUITION FEE (LODGING NOT INCLUDED)||TUITION FEE (LODGING NOT INCLUDED)|
|2.207 €||2.810 €|
|TUITION FEE + LODGING WITH FULL-BOARD||TUITION FEE + LODGING WITH FULL-BOARD|
|3.341 €||4.270 €|
- 10% early bird discount for payments done before May 15th
Student Residence Hall
7 min walk from CETT and metro station
|3-week Modality||4-week Modality|
|2nd July 2023 - 21st July 2023||2nd July 2023 - 28th July 2023|
|Full board included 7 days a week||Full board included 7 days a week|