Gastronomy - the Global Tourism Ambassador
Traditional Spanish Gastronomy
Technical Applications and Innovative Culinary Technologies
Avant-garde Pastry Workshop
FINAL PROJECT (4 WEEKS OPTION)
GASTRONOMY: SPANISH VS GLOBAL PERSPECTIVES
GASTRONOMY - THE GLOBAL TOURISM AMBASSADOR
- Become acquainted with the history of European cuisine.
- Investigate new culinary techniques applied in haute cuisine.
- The European cuisine in a circle of constant reinvention: an introduction to the very first restaurant, nouvelle cuisine, fusion cooking and haute cuisine.
- Spain goes international - exporting top cooks and Spanish delicacies.
- The impact of enogastronomic tourism.
- The wine industry in Spain.
- Introduction to wine tasting.
- Wine tasting of single-varietal Spanish wines.
TRADITIONAL SPANISH GASTRONOMY
- Analyze the catering sector in Spain.
- Learn about the culinary trends and the regional traditions of Spanish cuisine.
- Introduction: The catering sector in Spain, segments of the market structure with a focus on the catering market.
- The variety of the Spanish cuisine, traditional dishes, and quality products from each autonomous community.
TECHNICAL APPLICATIONS AND INNOVATIVE CULINARY TECHNOLOGIES
- Acquire the technical skills necessary to develop from a cuisine based on traditional methods to cutting-edge cooking. Consequently intending to modernize the offer while at the same time adapting innovative technology developments.
- Analyze new culinary techniques applied in haute cuisine.
- The evolution of consumer tastes.
- Spanish avant-garde cuisine: textures, liquid nitrogen, froths and foams.
- Fusion of cuisines from around world applied to haute cuisine.
- The impact of ecological products in cooking: their culinary application.
- Vegetarian and Vegan Gastronomy: ingredients and nutrition.
- Food intolerances and allergies: creative alternatives.
- Super Foods, Health & Nutrition.
AVANT-GARDE PASTRY WORKSHOP
- Become familiar with classical yet renovated recipes and new interpretations representing current baking trends, so as to aid interested professionals in the analysis, design, and practical application in the field of catering.
- Classical elaborations and new trends in contemporary pastry.
- Developments in consumer tastes.
- Raw materials and basic products.
- New pastry ingredients: vegetables, herbs, spices, flowers.
- Principal elaborations.
- Structure and decoration of pastries.