Bachelor's degree in Tourism 100% in English - ACCESNET Code 11086
Tourism, a choice for the future
As shown by 2018 data, Tourism continues to be one of the sectors with the most growth in the country and one of the driving forces of the global economy, being a sound option for your professional future.
- Catalonia is leader in reception of tourists in Spain in 2017.
- Barcelona is one of the 10 most visited cities in Europe.
- The total number of international tourist arrivals in Spain in 2018 was 1.326bn, 7% more than the previous year.
- The tourist sector in Spain represents almost 12% of GDP, €142bn.
- The Spanish tourism sector had a salary increase of 2.7% and increase in employment of 3.1%, in 2018.
- 2017 was the 8th consecutive year of sustained growth in Europe, the most visited area of the world.
- The tourism sector employs 118 million workers directly worldwide.
- According to the UNWTO, there will be 1.8bn international tourists by 2030.
Career opportunities after the bachelor’s degree in Tourism
- Career opportunities of the Hotel Management minor.
- Career opportunities of the Tourism Management minor.
- Career opportunities of the Digital Tourism Business Management minor.
Discover, create, experiment, manage and transform Tourism
The objective of the CETT-UB Bachelor’s Degree in Tourism is to train the new generation of tourism and hotel sector managers, capable of innovating in the face of the future challenges and of leading teams and projects in a complex and changing environment.
- Design and transform the tourism of a territory or tourism destination with the introduction of sustainable and responsible policies.
- Create impressive products and experiences for the tourist.
- Experience Tourism first-hand in an experiential way, travelling to other countries through academic mobility programs and international internships.
- Manage Tourism and hotel companies with an overview of the organization.
- Become an expert in tourism and hospitality, participating in the development and improvement of one of the most important international economic sectors.
Profile of the graduates
Taking the Bachelor’s Degree in Tourism of the CETT-UB Tourism, Hospitality, and Gastronomy Campus involves forming part of a new generation of managers, developing a successful professional career, with the most competent profile and in a sector with a future. The management competencies of this profile are as follows:
- Total customer orientation Products and services adapted to the different customers, with personalized marketing and communication strategies, with knowledge information systems and permanent monitoring of tourist behavior.
- Technology Knowledge and command of ICT in Tourism in the interest of business management and the company’s capacity to adapt to changes in the environment and the people.
- Innovation Development of innovative business models and creative products which meet the needs of customers and business challenges.
- Business Management, administration and optimal organization of the tourism business, applying leadership skills, strategic and financial vision.
- Globalization Global skills, international business development, managing people, markets and businesses in an international environment.
- Governance From the level of the tourism company to an overview of the territory and the citizens. From people management to management of the touristic destination.
- Responsibility and sustainability Principles, values and ethics. Development of the economic, social, environmental and cultural dimensions of Tourism.