- Observe how sport in a daily routine affects social, cultural and personal dimensions.
- Identify subcultures and subgroups developed around different sports such as track and field, soccer, cycling and gym, etc.
- Analyze how socio cultural trends affect and even generate new sports activities.
- Discover what sports organizations exist, both nationally and internationally, their typology and functioning.
- Acquire a general idea of sports organization functions and get to know the competitive area of sports industry.
- Analize the phenomenon of the Olympic Games, motor sports and other internationally reknowned competitions: identify their profitability and beneficial effect for a country or a city.
- Identify different models used in the management of the facilities after a massive event and learn how to optimize the profitability of sports facilities.
- Observe the close relationship that exists between the tourism industry and the sports industry and identify the economic, political, and socio-cultural benefits of a sports destination.
- Get to know different business models, their focus and management strategies.
- Observe the relationship between social and cultural trends and corporate innovation processes.
- Get to know different expansion strategies.
- Acquire practical knowledge about managing a lucrative and commercial sports club such as a gym or a social sports club.
- Identify key aspects in the sports club management.
- Learn the techniques and strategies for fundraising.
- Observe a strong link between the sports industry and tourism industry.
- Identify economic, political and socio-cultural benefits of a sports destination.
- Conceptualize the term “Country Brand”.
- Get to know how government can encourage and promote sports tourism in a country, region or a city.
Sports, Society and Entrepreneurship
- Sports and Society
- Management of Sporting
Management of Sporting Enterprises
- Business Models in the Sporting Industry
- Sports Clubs Management
- Sports Tourism
|3 Week Modality||4 Week Modality|
|75 hours of instruction||90 hours of instruction|
|July 04 - July 21||July 04 - July 28|