Photography from: Other information | CETT
Universidad de Barcelona

Other information


EU-countries: Valid Passport/ID NON EU-countries: students are required to obtain a student visa before leaving their country, by visiting the Spanish embassy or consulate. More information

Medical Insurance

All international students should have an international medical insurance for the whole duration of their stay at CETT-UB.

  • Students from countries in the European Economic Area (European Union nations, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) and who are entitled to social security benefits in their own country should present their European health insurance card. This card is issued by the respective national health authorities and entitles the holder to medical care in Spain.
  • Students from countries outside the European Economic Area should find out if there is a medical agreement between the ministry of health in their country and Spain (this is the case for some Latin American countries, for example). If such an agreement exists, the respective national health authorities will be able to provide the necessary health document, entitling the holder to medical care in Spain.
  • All other students must buya private international medical insurance for the duration of their stay at CETT-UB. Confirmation should be obtained from the insurer, in Spanish English, indicating that the coverage applies for the duration of the study period in Spain. Medical attention, accidents and repatriation services need to be covered by the insurance. Insurance is available from FERRER & OJEDA, the UB's preferred partner.

More Information


Inaugurated in 2006, Àgora Student Residence Hall offers students 12.000 m2 of facilities, 220 rooms, accommodation for 360 residents and a wide range of services and activities, all of them designed for the university community.

The residence hall is situated beside the UB Mundet Campus, a 7 minute walk away from CETT-UB, behind the Horta Velodrome, and 50m from Passeig de la Vall d’Hebron – Ronda de Dalt (highway exit number 4) in Barcelona.

More Information Contact:

Other accommodation options here.


The Barcelona University Centre (BCU)

The Barcelona University Centre (BCU) provides all the information you need to live and study in Barcelona: how to get to Barcelona, cost of living, climate, getting around the city, and services for the university students. We highly recommend students to visit their website. Barcelona University Centre (BCU)

Torrent de l’Olla St., 219 – 08012 Barcelona

+34 932 389 049


Erasmus Student Network (ESN)

Erasmus Student Network (ESN) is the world’s largest network for international students. ESN UB is the student association wich promotes the social and personal integration of all international students at Universitat de Barcelona.

Erasmus Student Network – Universitat de Barcelona (ESN UB) Avinguda Diagonal 690 – Barcelona |

Estimated montly expenses for students in Barcelona
  • Accommodation: 500€
  • Food: 150€
  • Transport: 50€
  • Leisure, travel and other expenses: it may vary a lot depending on each student's habits and lifestyle, it could be anywhere from 50€ to 300€