Autonomous work on the educational material and training microcapsules available in the virtual classroom proposed by teachers and experts.
HOW IS THE METHODOLOGY IN THIS BLENDED MASTER?
The blended methodology of the program is based on the following pedagogical tools:
The Master is conducted in blended format. It has a comprehensive and proactive learning methodology, with a sequential modular format focused on the student. You are the protagonist, in an educational environment that encourages you to learn in an analytical, reflective and autonomous way thanks to the support of teachers, tutors and international experts in the sector.
Different complementary methodological approaches are used throughout the master's degree to encourage your participation and help you acquire soft skills and specific competencies:
Siguiendo la estrategia de clase invertida o flipped classroom:
Hands-on activities at the CETT, in Barcelona. Once the online sessions are finished, you will participate for 3 weeks, during the month of June, in the face-to-face sessions to put into practice the skills previously acquired. Is about:
Assessment is continuous; there are no final exams. You will perform various activities, individually or in groups, which correspond to the topics covered in each subject's modules, which the teachers evaluate progressively. Each activity is assigned a percentage of the final grade that corresponds to the difficulty and time required to complete it.
- Basic comprehension activities. Activities of this type are exercises that teachers propose after each synchronous session to ensure understanding of the content being worked on.
- Deepening exercises. These are activities of analysis and reflection through which you must demonstrate your learning and correct interpretation knowledge and content acquired during the development of each topic. In this type of activities we propose: case studies, problem solving based on challenges, creation of process maps and online collaborative activities.
- Debates. The debates proposed in the forum space are mandatory and, therefore, evaluable. The following criteria will be taken into account in the evaluation: participation, sending reasoned answers with criteria and proactive character.
During the classroom sessions, you will participate in masterclass sessions and professional seminars that will be evaluated through practical and written tests. Attendance is mandatory to all the classroom sessions.
Official Master in Hospitality Management
|Required Subjects||21 ECTS|
|0580002||Human resources and organizations managements||3|
|0580003||Economic and financial management||6|
|Specialty electives||18 ECTS|
|0580008||Restaurant business operation management||6|
|0580009||Commercial catering and institutional catering||3|
|0580010||Restaurants design and architecture||3|
|0580011||Customer experience management||3|
|0580012||Services and products innovation||3|
|Other electives||6 ECTS|
|0580014||Practicum in restaurant management||6|
|0580015||Market research methodology||6|
|Final project||15 ECTS|
- Term: October
- Delivery of the final Master: until july.
- Schedule: Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, from 18:00h to 21:00h.
MASTER'S CAPSTONE PROJECT
The Master's Capstone Project (MCP) (12 ECTS) is the completion of the Master's learning process, where the competencies you have acquired are reflected, as well as their application and development. It is a work of business and or academic application. According to your interests and professional motivations, you will expand some aspects of the chosen specialization.
To obtain this Master's degree, students must pass this integrative subject. Thus, the MCP is an instrument to train our students to analyze tourism problems and facts through research methods based on the identification and use of different variables. It is also an assessment tool for the Master's competencies with a globalizing perspective.
The MCP is individual. You will have to carry out your work under the supervision of a professor where you can choose between three typologies:
- Applied research projects linked to the CETT-UB Research Groups.
- Professional application projects proposed by companies and collaborating organizations.
- Business plans to develop business ideas.
Each project is unique and requires a different approach and attention appropriate to its objectives and subject matter. Your tutor will set the guidelines to follow.
Upon completion of this master students get the following qualification.
Master's degree in Hospitality and Restaurant Management. Hotel Management Specialization.
B.O.E. Resolution of November 14, 2014, of the University of Barcelona by which the master's degree curriculum in Hospitality and Restaurant Management is published.
Obtained the verification of the study plan by the Council of Universities, previous report of the Agency for the Qualitat of the University System of Catalonia, as well as the authorization of the Autonomous Community of Catalonia, and established the official nature of the title by agreement of the Council of Ministers of September 26, 2014 (published in "BOE" of October 18, 2014).