The gastronomy industry, a global perspective
Innovation in the Gastronomy Industry
Product and Service
Design of Restaurant Spaces and Culinary Businesses
The Consumer in a Culinary Environment
Business Organization and Management
FINAL PROJECT (4 WEEKS OPTION)
PERSPECTIVE, INNOVATION & PRODUCT IN THE GASTRONOMY INDUSTRY
THE GASTRONOMY INDUSTRY, A GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE
- Provide students with the tools and knowledge needed to successfully develop the skills required for the design of culinary-restaurant products and services.
- Ensure proper implementation of an innovative project of these products and services.
- Analyze experiences, cases and trends in the culinary-restaurant field.
- Introduction to the industry.
- Business Models.
- New formulas (Concept Restaurant).
INNOVATION IN THE GASTRONOMY INDUSTRY
- Discover where business ideas come from.
- Analyze consumer behavior.
- Know how to assess the possibilities of success.
- Reflect on the aspects that can make a project feasible.
- New trends, innovation in products and services.
- Development of an innovative project.
- Assessment of the projected innovation.
PRODUCT AND SERVICE
- Obtain the ability to develop an innovative project with regards to the design of a new product or service for a given market.
- Measure the customer experience in the development of projects.
- Learn to generate systems of assessment for the projected innovation.
- Design of products and services in the restaurant business.
- Details regarding the provision of services. The process of the provision of services in the restaurant business.
- Levels and standards of quality.
- Experience Management.
DESIGN OF RESTAURANT SPACES AND CULINARY BUSINESSES
- Recognize and identify the competitive spaces in the culinary-restaurant industry, their characteristics and ways in which they develop business.
- Catering spaces.
- Equipment and infrastructure.
- Architecture and design tendencies in furniture and in interior design.
MANAGEMENT OF CULINARY BUSINESSES
THE CONSUMER IN A CULINARY ENVIRONMENT
- Acquire a broad perspective of consumer behavior as a fundamental basis for decisions.
- Identification of consumer characteristics.
- Analysis of consumer behavior.
- New consumer habits.
- The customer experience in different types of food service business.
- Internal and external factors.
- To establish appropriate marketing strategies. Services marketing adapted to the restaurant business.
- Brand Management.
- e-Marketing strategies.
- Sales Management.
- Revenue Management in restaurants.
BUSINESS ORGANIZATION AND MANAGEMENT
- Through a business plan, work on strategies, actions, and means that a business project needs to be more successful.
- Identify business models of different companies in the culinary sector.
- Strategic planning, organization and scheduling.
- Operations as a strategic key in services businesses.
- Managing people.
- Income and cost centers.
- Moritz Brewery
- Food Trucks
- Fine Dining Restaurants
- Ephemeral Restaurants
Examples of in-company visits:
- Opera Sanfaina