Digitalization as globalization in the early XXI century, implies new customers, new communication channels and of course a new language: coding. The demand for coding skills is skyrocketing, and not only for developers, programming is playing a bigger role in every career path. This course is designed as an introduction to help you acquire the right set of skills to understand and develop yourself as a coder. For those that may not be interested in becoming a coder but has interest in Digital Business, coding is the perfect tool to understand which is the mindset needed to work in a digitalized company in the XXI century.
Area of Study: Digital Business
- First introduction to code environment: Developer tools.
- First contact with code languages.
- Understand the come controller - view.
- Acquire tools and knowledge to develop skills required for Web development.
- First contact with a Back-end language.
- Develop basic coding skills.
Introduction to coding
|3 Week Modality||4 Week Modality|
|75 hours of instruction||90 hours of instruction|
|July 03 - July 20 2023||July 03 - July 27 2023|
Introduction to coding
- Introduction to command line & tools.
- Getting started with your computer Terminal and its commands.
- Atom editor, Google Chrome and GitHub.
- Introduction to Html5: Block elements and inline elements.
- Introduction to CSS: Selectos and Text properties.
- The box Model and Layouts.
- Basic Data Types: Strings.
- Booleans and Conditional Statements.
- Basic Data types: Array.
- Loops, Iterations and Functions.
- Basic data types: Objects.
The learning methodology applied in this course consists of several key elements that allow achieving the objectives mentioned above simultaneously. The methodology is defined as follows:
- In-class lectures that transfer basic and specific knowledge. Class participation is crucial in order for students to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills targeted in the program.
- Case Studies reflect the content so as to help the student put into practice the theoretic contents.
- Complementary activities such as visits that support the students in further understanding and implementing the contents provided by the program. In case of four week modality program: During an optional extra week students will have to develop a Final Project working in small groups where their skills of self-management, responsibility, leadership and teamwork will be reinforced and practical knowledge gained through in depth, methodical study of the chosen topic. During this process students will be guided by tutors and will have to present and defend the project on the last day of the course.
The evaluation of the program will be conducted by reviewing the students’ work and participation during the program. The participants are evaluated on a daily basis during the lectures and through the practical cases to be developed and defended. Attendance to all lectures and professional activities is mandatory.
In case of 3 week modality program:
The continued evaluation stands for 60% while the final test evaluation for 40% of the general mark of the program.
In case of 4 week modality program:
The continued evaluation will stand for 40%, the final test evaluation for 20% and the mark for the Final Project for 40% of the general mark of the program.
Tuition and Fees
|3-WEEK MODALITY||4-WEEK MODALITY|
|TUITION FEE (LODGING NOT INCLUDED)||TUITION FEE (LODGING NOT INCLUDED)|
|2.207 €||2.810 €|
|TUITION FEE + LODGING WITH FULL-BOARD||TUITION FEE + LODGING WITH FULL-BOARD|
|3.341 €||4.270 €|
- 10% early bird discount for payments done before May 15th
Student Residence Hall
7 min walk from CETT and metro station
|3-week Modality||4-week Modality|
|July 02 2023 - July 21 2023||July 02 2023 - July 28 2023|
|Full board included 7 days a week||Full board included 7 days a week|