Comprehensive training 100% in English.
Thanks to the Specialization in Event Management of the Official Master's Degree in Tourism Business Management taught 100% in english, you will acquire the professional and personal skills to create and manage MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conventions, and Exhibitions), corporate, sporting, musical, or leisure events.
At CETT-UB, we know that the event production industry is one of the most important mechanisms for commercializing products and services on an international scale and a strategic pillar for business development and competitiveness. However, its growth has not been accompanied by an increase in competent and updated professionals.
Companies need disruptive profiles that know the keys to this industry in all its areas: from planning and management of management meetings to the presentation of a bid for a global sporting event such as the Olympic Games, through the organization of corporate events, musical or sporting events, among others.
Do you want to get on board and innovate with disruptive methodologies in the event management sector?
Methodolgy and Assesment
The Master's Degree has its own learning system in which you will be the center of the learning process. You will learn thanks to your active participation in the classroom through learning by doing and interaction among students, or own methodologies such as CBL and PBL.
WHY STUDY THE SPECIALIZATION IN EVENTS MANAGEMENT?
With the Official Master's Degree in Tourism Management, you will acquire a solid base of up-to-date knowledge. You will understand the tourism industry's diversity and needs, providing you with vital decision-making elements in tourism companies in dynamic contexts.
What do our master students think?
WHAT OBJECTIVES WILL YOU ACHIEVE WITH THE EVENTS MANAGEMENT?
The general objective of the Events Management specialization of the Official Master's Degree in Tourism Business Management of the CETT-UB is to provide you with the necessary tools to apply the following areas in all types of formats and events:
- Strategic management
- Economic and financial management
- Marketing and communication
- The execution and design of unique experiences
The specific objectives are:
- To possess a global and comprehensive vision from different management perspectives on creating, planning, and managing events, both internally and externally.
- Acquire the necessary tools to implement the generation of value in events and achieve their attendees' satisfaction and loyalty.
- Exploit the potential of the latest trends in events and their relationship with the tourism industry, among others, through the organization and management of major sporting and musical events. This scenario attracts millions of tourists annually.
- Apply the most innovative techniques in the planning, development, and management of events. All this to face new realities, especially in new formats such as virtual events or hybrid events, currently in full growth.
- To implement the appropriate mechanisms to incorporate competitiveness and sustainability criteria in tourism organizations and companies, consider the social and economic perspectives.
The principal competencies you will develop throughout the degree are:
- Apply the political, legal, and institutional framework that regulates companies and tourism activities and projects.
- Plan, coordinate, and control the organizational and service processes in all areas of an event.
- Manage the quality of tourism products and services, using the different tools, systems, and quality and environmental standards available.
- Design and implement commercial and communication strategies that respond to the new business opportunities emerging in the sector.
- Optimize the management of economic and financial resources of the tourism projects undertaken.
- Establish sustainable development strategies in tourism companies and destinations, with the incorporation of environmental variables.
- Identify, pose or solve a problem in a relevant and creative manner.
- Be business-oriented.
- Undertake innovative projects.
- Exercise leadership.
- Work in teams and multicultural environments.
- Develop the ability to adapt to change.
- Have an ethical commitment.
The Official Master's Degree in Tourism Business Management at CETT-UB is divided into two blocks. The first deals with a set of core subjects that lay the foundations of business leadership in the tourism sector. The second block allows specialization in business management through its three specific areas:
The specialization in Event Management focuses on planning, developing, and managing various types of events, including those associated with the MICE sector (Meetings, Incentives, Conferences, Exhibitions) and sporting and musical events. Through Experience Management or Operations Management, all this integrates innovative methodologies such as design thinking or meeting design.
The syllabus of the Events Management specialty of the Official Master's Degree in Tourism Business Management has a duration of one academic year equivalent to one calendar year.
- Delivery of the Master's Capstone Project: The Master's Capstone Project delivery can be done in two exclusive calls (June or September)
The Events Management specialization of the CETT-UB's Master's Degree in Tourism Business Management aims to improve your knowledge of creating, planning, and managing events for companies and institutions.
The master’s focuses on four profiles:
Executives, managers, and professionals who hold business management positions Professionals in the sector who need to update their knowledge and professional skills
Entrepreneurs and business owners in the tourism sector Chief Executive Officers (CEO) who need to update and improve their techniques and tools for the design of strategies that allow for proper management, positioning, and increased competitiveness
Entrepreneurs People interested in developing business projects in the tourism sector. Knowing the keys to business success, its risks and deepen the management of the administration and management of companies.
University graduates People with a university degree and a minimum of two years of professional experience who wish to focus their careers and expand their professional contacts in the tourism business field.
This specialization, with a practical and professional approach, will allow you to develop your career in the following work areas:
- Companies specialized in event management (EMC).
- Communication companies.
- Event organization departments in large corporations
- Public administration.
- Fairs, congresses, and conventions.
- Festivals of different types.
- Congresses, conferences, and seminars.
- Ceremonies and commemorations.
- Cultural institutions.
- Sports institutions.
- Musical institutions.
The main job opportunities in the field of events are:
- Managers of event management and production companies
- Professionals and entrepreneurs in the organization and management of events
- Consultants in event design, marketing, production, and communication strategies
- Specialists in the management and production of sporting, cultural, musical, or corporate events