Comprehensive training 100% in English.
Specialize in organizing events!
Thanks to the Specialization in Event Management of the Official Master's Degree in Tourism Business Management taught 100% in english, you will acquire the professional and personal skills to create and manage MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conventions, and Exhibitions), corporate, sporting, musical, or leisure events.
At CETT-UB, we know that the event production industry is one of the most important mechanisms for commercializing products and services on an international scale and a strategic pillar for business development and competitiveness. However, its growth has not been accompanied by an increase in competent and updated professionals.
Companies need disruptive profiles that know the keys to this industry in all its areas: from planning and management of management meetings to the presentation of a bid for a global sporting event such as the Olympic Games, through the organization of corporate events, musical or sporting events, among others.
Transform events management with disruptive methodologies
You will be able to learn in place about business models of leading international tourism companies, as well as management models of the tourism administration. All this with special emphasis on governance, sustainability, innovation and digitization of the sector.
Practical classes and classroom experience to get the most out of your learning process through your participation in activities and visits to companies in the sector in the city of Barcelona, so you can live the CETT experience.
You will learn actively with different innovative methodologies that promote your learning in management skills and your professional growth.
It offers you the opportunity to get in touch with international professionals and experts through expert talks and during face-to-face visits.
Facilitates access to internships in companies in Barcelona or internationally thanks to our Career Services department.
Methodolgy and assesment
The Master's Degree has its own learning system in which you will be the center of the learning process. You will learn thanks to your active participation in the classroom through learning by doing and interaction among students, or own methodologies such as CBL and PBL.
Why study the specialization in Events Management?
With the Official Master's Degree in Tourism Management, you will acquire a solid base of up-to-date knowledge. You will understand the tourism industry's diversity and needs, providing you with vital decision-making elements in tourism companies in dynamic contexts.
A SPECIALIZATION FOR YOUR FUTURE
- You will acquire a solid knowledge base to make critical decisions in the management and organization of events.
- You will learn about new formats such as virtual events or hybrid events. You will also learn the most innovative techniques for their planning, management, and development.
- You will learn about innovative tools such as experiential marketing and its application in the design of musical events, the management of sporting events, or the management and planning of congresses, conventions, and fairs.
- You will use innovative methodologies such as meeting design or co-creation, typical of design thinking.
- You will use the opportunities offered by new information technologies in the promotion and management of events. You will detect opportunities in the environment to respond quickly and agilely to the dynamics of the Meetings, Incentives, Congresses and Exhibitions (MICE) sector, and music and sporting events, among others.
A MASTER'S DEGRÉE IN ENGLISH
- The Master's program has English as the language of the course.
- We want to reach an international and national audience.
- A faculty with extensive professional and academic experience: the Events Management specialty has a unique teaching team, with a reputable and trustworthy professional and educational background in the different areas related to events.
- Our collaborators are involved 100% in the events sector. Our program collaborates with Anna Bueno, associate meetings manager of the Barcelona Convention Bureau; Carles Casas, marketing director of Hard Rock; or Jordi Estruga, guest events operations director of Fira Barcelona.
- You will apply your knowledge to real cases through challenge solving methodologies, case presentations, or your participation in projects with partners such as Fira de Barcelona, Convention Bureau, or events such as the 4Y4N of the Mobile World Congress, among others.
- You will acquire a comprehensive vision of the tourism sector: thanks to the collaboration of different teaching profiles active in the industry and visits to companies and training activities to contact the professional field's reality.
- You will understand tourism activity and its effects on the territory. Throughout the course, you will be able to actively participate in transversal events such as the Smart Tourism Congress Barcelona, the CETT-UB Tourism Observatory, or CETT Talent, among many other internal or external events to which our students have privileged access.
- You will create and strengthen your unique professional network: the contact with experts in the MICE sector and with your classmates will allow you to create your network on a national and international scale, which will help you promote your professional career. Besides, the unique CETT Alumni network will allow you to connect with more than 19,000 industry professionals worldwide.
YOU WILL LEARN FROM PROFESSIONALS
- You will connect with the MICE sector: Throughout the specialty, you will meet the leading players in the industry, both event organizers and venues or specialized consulting firms; some that stand out are Barcelona Convention Bureau, Fira de Barcelona, Evento Plus, or Miss & Mister Meet.
- You will experience reality: the Master's Degree in Tourism Business Management with a specialization in Event Management has an internship program that will allow you to learn about different business models and apply the knowledge acquired in leading companies in the sector. CETT-UB has more than 900 collaboration agreements for the development of extracurricular or curricular internships.
A UNIQUE STUDY PROGRAM
- You will get a unique official qualification: it is the only Official Master's Degree in Tourism Business Management in Spain awarded by the University of Barcelona and CETT-UB with a specialization in Event Management. Also, if you want, you can do a triple specialization. Do not hesitate to ask.
- It will allow you access to doctoral studies and will guarantee you academic recognition outside Spain.
- A program tailored to your needs: choose the language (English or Spanish).
What do our master students think?
Julia Llebaria Mas
What objectives will you achieve with the Events Management?
The general objective of the Events Management specialization of the Official Master's Degree in Tourism Business Management of the CETT-UB is to provide you with the necessary tools to apply the following areas in all types of formats and events:
- Strategic management
- Economic and financial management
- Marketing and communication
- The execution and design of unique experiences
The specific objectives are:
- To possess a global and comprehensive vision from different management perspectives on creating, planning, and managing events, both internally and externally.
- Acquire the necessary tools to implement the generation of value in events and achieve their attendees' satisfaction and loyalty.
- Exploit the potential of the latest trends in events and their relationship with the tourism industry, among others, through the organization and management of major sporting and musical events. This scenario attracts millions of tourists annually.
- Apply the most innovative techniques in the planning, development, and management of events. All this to face new realities, especially in new formats such as virtual events or hybrid events, currently in full growth.
- To implement the appropriate mechanisms to incorporate competitiveness and sustainability criteria in tourism organizations and companies, consider the social and economic perspectives.
The principal competencies you will develop throughout the degree are:
- Apply the political, legal, and institutional framework that regulates companies and tourism activities and projects.
- Plan, coordinate, and control the organizational and service processes in all areas of an event.
- Manage the quality of tourism products and services, using the different tools, systems, and quality and environmental standards available.
- Design and implement commercial and communication strategies that respond to the new business opportunities emerging in the sector.
- Optimize the management of economic and financial resources of the tourism projects undertaken.
- Establish sustainable development strategies in tourism companies and destinations, with the incorporation of environmental variables.
- Identify, pose or solve a problem in a relevant and creative manner.
- Be business-oriented.
- Undertake innovative projects.
- Exercise leadership.
- Work in teams and multicultural environments.
- Develop the ability to adapt to change.
- Have an ethical commitment.
The CETT-UB Official Master's Degree in Tourism Business Management is divided into two blocks. The first comprises a set of common subjects that lay the foundations of business leadership in the tourism sector. The second block allows specialization in business management through three areas, in this case, Events Management, which focuses on the planning, development and management of various types of events. Among them, those associated with the MICE sector (Meetings, Incentives, Conferences, Exhibitions) and sporting and musical events. Through Experience Management or Operations Management, all this integrates innovative methodologies such as design thinking or meeting design.
The syllabus of the Events Management specialty of the Official Master's Degree in Tourism Business Management has a duration of one academic year equivalent to one calendar year.
Delivery of the Master's Capstone Project: The Master's Capstone Project delivery can be done in two exclusive calls (June or September)
Executives, managers, businessmen entrepreneurs and university graduates
The Events Management specialization of the CETT-UB's Master's Degree in Tourism Business Management aims to improve your knowledge of creating, planning, and managing events for companies and institutions.
The master’s focuses on four profiles:
Executives, managers, and professionals who hold business management positions: Professionals in the sector who need to update their knowledge and professional skills
Entrepreneurs and business owners in the tourism sector: Chief Executive Officers (CEO) who need to update and improve their techniques and tools for the design of strategies that allow for proper management, positioning, and increased competitiveness
Entrepreneurs: People interested in developing business projects in the tourism sector. Knowing the keys to business success, its risks and deepen the management of the administration and management of companies.
University graduates: People with a university degree and a minimum of two years of professional experience who wish to focus their careers and expand their professional contacts in the tourism business field.
This specialization, with a practical and professional approach, will allow you to develop your career in the following work areas:
- Companies specialized in event management (EMC).
- Communication companies.
- Event organization departments in large corporations
- Public administration.
- Fairs, congresses, and conventions.
- Festivals of different types.
- Congresses, conferences, and seminars.
- Ceremonies and commemorations.
- Cultural institutions.
- Sports institutions.
- Musical institutions.
The main job opportunities in the field of events are:
- Managers of event management and production companies
- Professionals and entrepreneurs in the organization and management of events
- Consultants in event design, marketing, production, and communication strategies
- Specialists in the management and production of sporting, cultural, musical, or corporate events
Our Students Think
How is the methodology of the Events Management specializationt taugh in English?
Our learning model is designed to facilitate your analysis and understanding of all aspects of business management through your active participation in classes, challenges and projects.
It is based on five pillars
Thanks to Project-Based Learning (PBL), you will develop comprehensive projects that respond to specific existing problems in the tourism sector. Thus, working in a real context, you will acquire collaboration, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
Our students have already developed projects with the Diputació de Barcelona, the environmental protection association Trenca, or the event organization company Evento Plus.
This study system is based on Challenge-Based Learning (CBL). During the course, you will face real challenges posed by teachers and organizations that are part of the CETT-UB partner network.
Institutions such as La Roca Village, La Pedrera, Barcelona City Council, or the event #4YFN of the Mobile World Congress have contributed to the master's by posing challenges to be solved by our students.
Gamification is a fun and friendly experiential learning method with which you will earn to solve complex problems in a given time. Gamification generates an environment in which there is no fear of error but the possibility of reaching goals and achieving objectives.
Our master focused on the direction and management of tourism companies applies gamification through different software to solve cases by playing, such as Kahoot, Touristfy! or Socrative.
Design thinking is a 100% user-oriented methodology to find solutions in a specific area or sector. This methodology will allow you to work on creativity providing innovative and disruptive solutions in a short time. This methodology that encourages your creativity and your ability to work in a team is implemented in various subjects of the Master, including the core Marketing Management in Tourism Companies. In this subject, design thinking occupies a fundamental place for the approach and development of Marketing Plans, or in some specialty subjects such as Sustainable Experience Design, Web Design, or Experience Management.
You will visit different companies and institutions in Barcelona in event management, the application of digital marketing, and sustainability. You will learn and apply concepts acquired from the presentation and exposure of real company situations presented in situ by their managers.
The Master does not have final exams. The evaluation is based on the faculty's continuous monitoring and course management and the resolution of individual or group written tests and elaborating assignments during the course.
Detail of the program of Events Management Specialization
Total credits of the master: 60 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System)
|Code||Official Master in Business Tourism Management||Credits|
|Required Subjects||18 ECTS|
|0590002||Economic and Financial Management||6|
|0590026||Marketing Management in Tourism Companies||6|
|Events Management Specialization (English version) electives||27 ECTS|
|590016||Management of Experiences||3|
|590018||Operations Management: Planning and Management||6|
|590019||Operations Management: Logistics and Control||6|
|590014||Market Research Methodology||6|
|Senior Capstone Project||15 ECTS|
Master's Capstone Project
The Master's Capstone Project (MCP) (15 ECTS) is the completion of the Master's learning process, where the competencies you have acquired are reflected, as well as their application and development. It is a work of business and or academic application. According to your interests and professional motivations, you will expand some aspects of the chosen specialization.
To obtain this Master's degree, students must pass this integrative subject. Thus, the MCP is an instrument to train our students to analyze tourism problems and facts through research methods based on the identification and use of different variables. It is also an assessment tool for the Master's competencies with a globalizing perspective.
The MCP is individual. You will have to carry out your work under the supervision of a professor where you can choose between three typologies:
- Applied research projects linked to the CETT-UB Research Groups.
- Professional application projects proposed by companies and collaborating organizations.
- Business plans to develop business ideas.
Each project is unique and requires a different approach and attention appropriate to its objectives and subject matter. Your tutor will set the guidelines to follow.
Internship in first-class companies and institutions
During your training period at CETT-UB, you will have the opportunity to do your internship in first-class companies and institutions, to apply and complement the knowledge acquired, and at the same time to promote the acquisition of skills that prepare them for the exercise of professional activities.
The internships have two modalities:
- Curricular: linked to subjects of the program you are taking and that are part of its academic curriculum, therefore, mandatory.
- Extracurricular: not included in the syllabus and are voluntary.
The internships are carried out through university-entrepreneur cooperation agreements and are supervised by expert subject professors.
CETT-UB will help you find the most suitable opportunities for your professional profile and your motivations among the more than 900 requests from companies we receive annually. Likewise, we will help you contact and accompany you in accessing the most attractive companies and institutions to your professional objectives.
As a differential feature to the market, the CETT-UB has its group of companies dedicated to training and offering quality hotel and tourism services so that you can apply this practical knowledge without leaving the Campus:
- Hotel Alimara
- Àgora Residence
- Aula Restaurant
- Summum Restaurant & Bar
Official Degree and recognized qualification from CETT
At the end of this Master, you will obtain the following degree depending on the chosen specialty:
- Official Degree University of Barcelona: University Master's Degree in Tourism Business Management. Specialization in Event Management. Code 4311520 of the Universities, Centers and Degrees (RUCT) Registry of the Ministry of Education and Vocational Training of the Government of Spain.
Obtained verification of the curriculum by the Council of Universities, following a report by the Agència per a la Qualitat del Sistema Universitari de Catalunya, as well as the authorization of the Autonomous Community of Catalonia, and established the official nature of the degree by agreement of the Council of Ministers of September 26, 2014 (published in BOE of October 18, 2014).
Degree from CETT, Barcelona School of Tourism, Hospitality & Gastronomy: University Master's Degree in Tourism Business Management, according to the chosen specialty.
Double or triple specialization: if you wish, the Official Master's Degree in Tourism Business Management offers you the possibility of taking the three specialties of the program, thus expanding your skills to adapt to the labor market.
Meet the teaching staff of the Event Management Specialization (English version)
AINHOA CARBALLIDO RISCO
MAITE AUDET PALAU
CAROLINA PAOLA CALUORI FUNES
ERNEST CAÑADA MULLOR
FERNANDO COMA ARRANZ
FRANCISCO JAVIER DE DIEGO RODRÍGUEZ
LAIA ENCINAR PRAT
ALBA ESPEJO RAYA
ROSA GARCÍA SEGURA
ROSA GARRIGA MORA
ESPERANZA IGLESIAS MARTÍNEZ
RAMÓN IGLESIAS TOVAR
Mª DEL PILAR LEAL LONDOÑO
PILAR MALAGARRIGA VALLET
GREGORIO MARTÍN DE CASTRO
JESÚS MOLINA RODRÍGUEZ
CARLOS MORENO CLEMENTE
ESTHER VELASCO FERREIRO
CETT at your service
As a CETT student, you will enjoy all the advantages that the center has to offer:
Access to the Resource Center for learning and research:
- The University of Barcelona has an extensive catalog of databases to consult documents, reports, and scientific articles.
- Have access to CETT's own resources to reinforce, complete, and expand training. All information (both physical and digital) is available in the different spaces dedicated to this function.
- Free access to the entire digital library of World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) resources.
As a center affiliated with the University of Barcelona, we enjoy the advantages of being part of the most prestigious university in Spain: UB Libraries - UB Sports Services - We are UB Card
Discounts at the University of Barcelona School of Modern Languages. Besides, thanks to the University of Barcelona University Card, you will enjoy promotions on products and services such as opticians, restaurants, technology, pharmacies, accommodation, travel, leisure activities, among others.
CETT has different restaurant services, such as the Fòrum or the Aula Restaurant CETT. The Fòrum is a space that favors creativity and cultural exchange among students. It has a varied, healthy, seasonal gastronomic offer that adapts to the day's different times. It is also possible to eat at the Aula Restaurant CETT, an à la carte restaurant with the same characteristics as an authentic gastronomic restaurant.
Be part of the CETT Alumni community to be in contact with CETT's extensive alumni network.
- Discount at ÀGORA BCN International University Residence. We are the only higher education tourism center with a student residence to stay here while you study. As a CETT student, you will have unique conditions. Do not hesitate to ask!
At CETT we are committed to creating a learning context that consolidates our own training model, with high added value resources oriented to experience, experimentation, sharing and learning, in a unique Campus.
Our students have access to different multipurpose learning spaces: the Eidos Space, La Plaça, the Creativity and Innovation Space, the Computer Classrooms or the Reception Classroom, among others.
In addition, if you are an international student, you will also have access to the International Relations Office, which will help and advise you with the procedures you need.
CETT International Support
Because we understand the challenge of living in an environment that is not your own, the CETT-UB Campus offers you the International Relations Office (IRO), as an area designed to provide guidance, advice, and attention to international students during the Master's programs.
Our International Relations team will give you the necessary information related to logistical aspects of life in Barcelona, such as residency registration, the processing of your foreign resident's identity number (NIE), or how to find accommodation in the city.
Procedures related to your academic stay
The IRO team will provide you with updated information on the necessary procedures to carry out once you are in the city. They will provide you with guidance on essential documents such as your foreign resident's identity number (NIE), the official census at the City Council, or your university student card.
If your native language is not Spanish, the IRO team will advise how and where to learn it. They will also tell you where to learn Catalan, facilitating your integration into the city's daily life. Besides, you will strengthen your Spanish through the certified courses offered by our Language Department at CETT-UB. On the other hand, if you want to practice any different language informally, you can participate for free in our language exchange program with CETT students.
CETT-UB is the only higher education center with a residence hall - Agora BCN, with affordable prices for the CETT student community. We also have our four-star hotel, Hotel Alimara, where you and your family and friends can enjoy advantages and discounts.
Support to boost your professional career
At CETT-UB, you have a team of expert professionals who will watch over your professional career from the moment you become part of our community.
We want you to be informed and prepared to achieve the professional goals you have set for yourself. With this motivation, you will find a team of people who will accompany you during the process in a personalized way.
The service we put at your disposal is based on three fundamental pillars:
- Continuous professional guidance focused on you, identifying your profile's strengths, analyzing your previous experience and training, and supporting us in your main motivations for growth.
- Our close relationship with the leading players in the tourism sector, built up over more than 50 years of presence in the market, training professionals with highly sought-after skills and values.
- Design and develop a whole range of activities, spaces for debate, and tools that we make available to you, enabling you to face any challenge you may encounter throughout your professional career.
In this way, we invite you to participate in a dynamic process adapted to your expectations that encompasses the following phases:
Definition of your professional milestones
- In-depth analysis of your entry profile.
- Establishment of realistic objectives and monitoring of your roadmap.
- Guidance in the design and development of your personalized Career Plan.
Design and elaboration of the main tools for the relationship with the labor market
- Review and correction of resumes and cover letters, adapting the professional objective to the market demands.
- Letter of recommendation. Students who are in the selection process will be able to count on CETT-UB references.
- Access to the primary research channels and access to internship and job opportunities:
- Handling of offers and self-applications. We support you to make your profile more visible to companies and headhunters, giving you references for your application.
- Application follow-up. We help you to know where your application is in the selection process.
- Guidance on the search for employment opportunities
- Simulation of job interviews and feedback on the aspects to improve
- Competency-based interviews and mentoring for those profiles with difficulties in following the job search process or at risk of social exclusion
- Preparation of presentations for you to learn first-hand about companies' needs to analyze the possibilities of short and medium-term linkage with an organization and exchange concerns with professionals of reference
Networking and Dynamization of activities
- Corporate presentations during your training period
- Master Classes oriented to know strategic sectors
- Dynamics and corporate challenges incorporated into your training sessions
- Marketplaces and face-to-face/virtual job fairs where more than a hundred companies participate annually in the Campus in the personalized recruitment of talent.
Job Center with exclusive access to
- Over 900 internship opportunities managed annually.
- More than 1,500 job opportunities annually.
- Follow-up of applications submitted
- Adaptation of customized curricula vitae and cover letters.
In addition, Career Services will help you find and manage the curricular and extracurricular internships that best suit you.
Being close to old students
CETT-Alumni was born as the CETT-UB Alumni Association on March 1, 1994, as an initiative to offer a service to alumni, a space for personal and professional guidance, and a meeting point for experts in the tourism, gastronomy, and hospitality sector, with the CETT-UB as their common bond.
As an association of CETT-UB alumni, its primary mission is to promote the relationship between them, thus creating a network of professionals. Their shared link is to be CETT alumni.
The main objectives of CETT-Alumni are:
- To promote the lifelong professional development of its associates at all levels and to favor access to the world of work, professional promotion, and lifelong learning. To foster creating a hub for exchanging knowledge and experiences among alumni, offering them the association as a meeting point in the professional world.
- To facilitate knowledge and networking through conferences, lectures, colloquium dinners, and expert sessions. CETT Alumni wants to be a center of opinion and influence on the tourism environment.
- To establish agreements with other organizations, favoring synergies that generate value for alumni.
Agora BCN International University Residence
CETT-UB is the only university tourism center that has a student residence, the Ágora BCN International University Residence. As a student of any of our degrees you will enjoy exclusive discounts so you can stay here while you study. Ask us without obligation!
As part of our application companies we have our own four-star hotel, the Hotel Alimara. Located at the foot of the Collserola mountain range and within the CETT Campus itself, both you and your family members will be able to enjoy advantages and discounts.
We want to shape the best professionald
That is why the recommended access profile for prospective students of the Official Master's Degree in Tourism Business Management is:
- Have basic knowledge in tourism business management.
- Have empathy and willingness to work in a team.
- To have a high ethical sense.
- To have analytical and organizational skills.
- Have critical and reflective capacity.
- Have an adequate level of languages, essential for training and your professional career.
- Be able to study the dynamics of the sector internationally.
Check the price of the specialization in Events Management (in English)
*The fees of the University of Barcelona (UB) are an amount that the student of an affiliated center has to pay for academic services to the University and is paid at the same time as the registration. This amount is exempt from any type of discount. Amount for the academic year 2021/2022. The updating of the rates of the new course is pending the publication of the Prices Decree of the Generalitat de Catalunya
**This price is for cash payments. Consult the prices and conditions for other payment methods with our Future Students Guidance Team.
What do I need to access the Master?
This course is for graduates in areas of knowledge from social sciences and humanities, especially those who may have studied diploma and degree programs adapted to the EHEA.
Candidates who do not come from the degrees mentioned above will have to take complementary training courses.
The training complements defined in the Master's Degree are intended to ensure that students who do not come from business studies have a basic knowledge of the concept, structure and particularities of the aspects related to marketing and economic-financial management in the field of hospitality.
Entry degrees that require enrolling in and passing complementary training to obtain a master's degree:
|Associate's Degree in Tourism or the corresponding Technician in Tourism Companies and Activities degree||No complementary training required|
|Associate's Degree in Business||.|
|Degree in Economics||.|
|Degree in Business Administration and Management||.|
|Degree in Market Research and Techniques||.|
|Degree in Public Relations, Communications, and similar programs||The established complementary training is required: Global Tourism 9 ECTS.|
|Degree in Humanities||.|
|Degree in Geography||.|
|Any other bachelor's degree||.|
Courses established as complementary training for the master's:
- Strategic and Operational Marketing 6 ECTS
- Economic and Financial Management of Tourism Companies 6 ECTS
Total complementary training: 12 ECTS
Know all our scholarships
CETT Foundation, with the firm conviction that training and transmission of knowledge are fundamental, extends the study aid program already offered annually to students and includes new scholarships for the 2022/2023 academic year.
Besides, CETT will also accept payments in 6, 10, or 12 months through bank financing plus a 5 % discount of total enrollment fees should students wish to choose this option. Find out about the special conditions.