Sports and Society
Management of Sporting Events
Business Models in the Sporting Industry
Sports Clubs Management
FINAL PROJECT (4 WEEKS OPTION)
SPORTS, SOCIETY AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP
SPORTS AND SOCIETY
- Observe how sport in a daily routine affects social, cultural and personal dimensions.
- Identify subcultures and subgroups developed around different sports such as track and field, soccer, cycling and gym, etc.
- Analyze how socio cultural trends affect and even generate new sports activities.
- Discover what sports organizations exist, both nationally and internationally, their typology and functioning.
- Acquire a general idea of sports organization functions and get to know the competitive area of sports industry.
Lifestyle: the relationship between social trends and sport:
o Sport in daily life.
o Sport as a lifestyle: subcultures and trends.
o New activities and sports hybrids.
Conceptual map for a beginner in the sports industry.
National and international sports organizations.
MANAGEMENT OF SPORTING EVENTS
- Analize the phenomenon of the Olympic Games, motor sports and other internationally reknowned competitions: identify their profitability and beneficial effect for a country or a city.
- Identify different models used in the management of the facilities after a massive event and learn how to optimize the profitability of sports facilities.
- Observe the close relationship that exists between the tourism industry and the sports industry and identify the economic, political, and socio-cultural benefits of a sports destination.
- Organization of sporting events: popular and high competition.
- Olympic Games: value for a city - before and after. The case of Barcelona.
- Motor World: profitability of the national and international races. The case of Formula 1; Barcelona-Catalonia Circuit.
- The city as a sports venue: stadiums, fields, parks, main streets, ports, beaches, etc.
MANAGEMENT OF SPORTING ENTERPRISES
BUSINESS MODELS IN THE SPORTING INDUSTRY
- Get to know different business models, their focus and management strategies.
- Observe the relationship between social and cultural trends and corporate innovation processes.
- Get to know different expansion strategies.
Sports Business Models:
o Amateur sports.
o Professional sports.
o Sport + Health.
o Sport + Leisure.
SPORTS CLUB MANAGEMENT
- Acquire practical knowledge about managing a lucrative and commercial sports club such as a gym or a social sports club.
- Identify key aspects in the sports club management.
- Learn the techniques and strategies for fundraising.
- Management of Sports Club.
- Typology, management models.
- Social club vs. Comercial club.
- Sports Club in schools and universities.
- Profitability vs. Elitism.
- Relationship between social trends and constant innovation.
- Management of professional clubs.
- Sports as a show.
- High-performance management.
- Fundraising and sponsorship.
- Business potential.
- Observe a strong link between the sports industry and tourism industry.
- Identify economic, political and socio-cultural benefits of a sports destination.
- Conceptualize the term “Country Brand”.
- Get to know how government can encourage and promote sports tourism in a country, region or a city.
- “The Sea and the Mountain”: sports and adventure destination.
- Country as a brand.
- Certification of sports tourism in Cataluña: municipalities, nautical and ski resorts.
- New business models.