EVENTS INDUSTRY & BASIS OF MANAGEMENT
- Current realities and trends.
- Events typology and particularities.
- Events related industries and their development: catering, lodging, audiovisuals, transportation, etc.
- Events in an international framework.
STRATEGIC & LEGAL ISSUES
- Fundraising Strategies.
- Doing business in multicultural environments.
- Legal issues in events management.
EVENTS PLANNING & ORGANIZATION
- Event organizers: actors.
- Management of Events Operations: an integrated approach.
- Project Management.
- Events & Design process.
- Human Resources Management: structure, role of volunteering, etc.
- Managing Outsourcing.
EVENTS MARKETING & COMMUNICATION
- Events as a communication strategy for business.
- Public Relations & Protocol.
- Events and social media.
- Media Management.
The learning methodology applied in this course consists of several key elements that allow achieving the above mentioned objectives simultaneously. The methodology is defined as follows:
- In-class lectures that transfer basic and specific knowledge. Class participation is crucial in order for students to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills targeted in the program.
- Case Studies reflect the content so as to help the student put into practice the theoretic contents.
- Complementary activities such as visits that support the students in further understanding and implementing the contents provided by the program. In case of four week modality program: During an optional extra week students will have to develop a Final Project working in small groups where their skills of self-management, responsibility, leadership and teamwork will be reinforced and practical knowledge gained through in depth, methodical study of the chosen topic. During this process students will be guided by tutors and will have to present and defend the project on the last day of the course.
The evaluation of the program will be conducted by reviewing the students’ work and participation during the program. The participants are evaluated on a constant basis during the lectures and through the practical cases to be developed and defended.
In case of 3 week modality program:
The continued evaluation stands for 60% while the final test evaluation for 40% of the general mark of the program.
Attendance is mandatory.
In case of 4 week modality program:
The continued evaluation will stand for 40%, the final test evaluation for 20% and the mark for the Project Presentation for 40% of the general mark of the program.
Attendance is mandatory.