The program is focused on the concepts which are crucial for the successful and constant professional development, such as: efficient communication styles, negotiation techniques, teamwork, leadership skills, stress control, rational organization, creativity and innovation. The main aim of the program is to enable the participants and provide them with the essential tools and strategies to compete in the professional space of the XXI century.
Areas of Study: Business, Management, Leadership, Marketing and Human Resources
- Identify the role of a leader in an organization.
- Get to know advantages and disadvantages of different leadership styles.
- Practice and choose the most appropriate leadership style.
- Acquire practical skills in delegation.
- Improve the teamwork skills and learn how collaboration can be optimized.
- Learn the basics of a successful communication process.
- Get acquainted with various communication styles.
- Understand the importance of all types of communication, including non-verbal.
- Learn techniques which ensure effective communication, such as attentive listening, question-making, giving appropriate feedback.
- Practice different negotiation styles.
- Learn to identify and prevent common barriers to communication.
- Provide an insight into essential cultural differences concerning the communication, behavior and work styles.
- Develop intercultural communication skills.
- Acquire various strategies for effective working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Learn how to identify correctly one’s emotions and feelings.
- Understand and interpret the feelings and emotions of others in a correct way.
- Acquire strategies for controlling impulsive emotions and preventing conflict together with other negative emotions.
- Improve self-management and interpersonal relationships.
- Learn to identify the reasons provoking stressful situations and atmospheres.
- Learn how to gain control over the feeling of stress.
- Study different ways and acquire practical skills of managing stress.
- Encourage the participants not to be afraid of changes, by conceptualizing it.
Leadership, Communication, and Negotiation: the ABCs of Personal and Professional Development
- Leadership and Teamwork
- Successful Communication and Negotiation
Personal Awareness and the Ability of Adaptation: Keys to Integration in a Professional Context
- Intercultural Awareness
- Emotional Intelligence
- Stress Prevention and Conflict Management
|3 Week Modality||4 Week Modality|
|75 hours of instruction||90 hours of instruction|
|July 03 - July 20 2023||July 03 - July 27 2023|
LEADERSHIP, COMMUNICATION, AND NEGOTIATION: THE ABCs OF PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
LEADERSHIP & TEAMWORK:
- Leadership, motivation, and performance.
- Strategies, techniques, and tools for personal development.
- How we relate to ourselves: self-discovery, self-control, self-motivation.
- The importance of teamwork: roles and situations.
- Keys to high-performance teams.
SUCCESSFUL COMMUNICATION AND NEGOTATION
- Efficient communication: the importance of verbal and non-verbal communication.
- New communication technology and its management.
- Communication tools for interpersonal relationships, the capacity of influence, socialization.
- Negotiation and its steps.
- Strategies, techniques, and negotiation tools.
- Common barriers for successful communication.
PERSONAL AWARENESS AND THE ABILITY OF ADAPTATION: KEYS TO INTEGRATION IN A PROFESSIONAL CONTEXT
- Key competences for cross-cultural communication.
- The danger of overusing stereotypes.
- Doing business in a multicultural environment.
- Strategies to work effectively in a multicultural environment.
- What are the emotions: are they good or bad?
- Emotional Intelligence: definition and significance.
- Social competencies: empathy, communication, assertiveness.
- Affective competencies: how to manage emotions, emotional awareness and understanding.
- Tools and techniques for developing emotional intelligence: Self Awareness, Self Management, Social Awareness, Relationship Management.
- Workshop on controlling emotions.
STRESS PREVENTION & CONFLICT MANAGEMENT:
- Stress monitoring: reasons, symptoms and ways of preventing.
- The basics of mentoring at work place.
- Changes at work – positive, productive and inevitable.
- Management of Change and Adaptability: conceptualizing the change and finding ways of adaptation.
- Key aspects to improve planning and organization.
- Tools and skills to facilitate time management.
- Factors that impact stress, prevention techniques.
The learning methodology applied in this course consists of several key elements that allow achieving the above mentioned objectives simultaneously. The methodology is defined as follows:
- In-class lectures that transfer basic and specific knowledge. Class participation is crucial in order for students to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills targeted in the program.
- Case Studies reflect the content so as to help the student put into practice the theoretic contents.
- Complementary activities such as visits that support the students in further understanding and implementing the contents provided by the program. In case of four week modality program: During an optional extra week students will have to develop a Final Project working in small groups where their skills of self-management, responsibility, leadership and teamwork will be reinforced and practical knowledge gained through in depth, methodical study of the chosen topic. During this process students will be guided by tutors and will have to present and defend the project on the last day of the course.
The evaluation of the program will be conducted by reviewing the students’ work and participation during the program. The participants are evaluated on a daily basis during the lectures and through the practical cases to be developed and defended. Attendance to all lectures and professional activities is mandatory.
In case of 3 week modality program:
The continued evaluation stands for 60% while the final test evaluation for 40% of the general mark of the program.
In case of 4 week modality program:
The continued evaluation will stand for 40%, the final test evaluation for 20% and the mark for the Final Project for 40% of the general mark of the program.
Tuition and Fees
|3-WEEK MODALITY||4-WEEK MODALITY|
|TUITION FEE (LODGING NOT INCLUDED)||TUITION FEE (LODGING NOT INCLUDED)|
|2.207 €||2.810 €|
|TUITION FEE + LODGING WITH FULL-BOARD||TUITION FEE + LODGING WITH FULL-BOARD|
|3.341 €||4.270 €|
- 10% early bird discount for payments done before May 15th
Student Residence Hall
7 min walk from CETT and metro station
|3-week Modality||4-week Modality|
|July 02nd 2023 - July 21st 2023||July 02nd 2023 - July 28th 2023|
|Full board included 7 days a week||Full board included 7 days a week|