The CETT-UB Tourism Degree is a unique opportunity to shape your future. Thanks to the set of knowledge and experiences that you will gain throughout your studies, you will lead and manage all kinds of companies in the tourism and hospitality sector. Imagine a school with its hotel and restaurant—a meeting place for professionals in the industry, students, and clients. Live CETT's experience. Shape your future and study with us for a Tourism Degree.
Tourism is one of the main economic sectors worldwide and especially in Spain. Despite the current economic and health crisis, the tourism sector demands profiles with multidisciplinary training in business management, leadership, economics, law, humanities, and languages. Companies need trained professionals to respond to the challenges that the sector must face, such as digitalization, sustainability, innovation, and responsible and ethical development.
As a CETT-UB Graduate in Tourism, you will be recognized for your ability to adapt to new situations and contexts, your versatility, and your versatility for the direction and management of companies in the tourism sector.
Our CETT-UB Tourism Degree will transform you:
- You will be able to pursue an international double degree in the U.S., France, or Finland in just four years.
- You will make the most of the different academic mobility options. We have more than 50 agreements with universities in 25 countries on four continents.
- You will be able to do your internship abroad thanks to CETT's various agreements with international companies.
- You will enjoy a global environment with university students and faculty from all over the world.
- You will be able to choose between 3 specializations (mentions) with official recognition. .
- We are the School that teaches the most hours of English language and a second foreign language: 30 credits for English and up to 27 credits for a second language ( French, German and Spanish for international students).
- You will apply the knowledge acquired directly in CETT's own companies without leaving campus: the Hotel Alimara or the Agora BCN International University Residence.
- Within the tourism sector, you will be recognized as a CETT-UB student for your transversal competencies and leadership and management skills.
- You will join a new generation of experts in the sector. You and your classmates will be the future managers of tomorrow's tourism companies.
- You will benefit from CETT-UB's close ties with the business sector and tourism administrations.
- More than 85% of our students find a job within three months of completing their degree (Source: AQU).
- Find more reasons to study this degree.
METHODOLOGY AND ASSESTMENT
The Degree in Tourism has a 100% practical, applied and real learning system. You will be the center of the whole process and you will learn thanks to your active participation in the different activities.
ONE DEGREE AND THREE SPECIALISATIONS
This tourism degree allows you to choose from three specializations to deep in. The subjects and objectives of these specializations respond to the most critical strategic challenges of the sector. Thanks to a flexible program, you can customize your study program according to your interests and motivations:
WHY STUDY THIS BACHELOR'S DEGREE IN TOURISM?
With the CETT-UB Degree in Tourism, you will hold positions of responsibility, management, and administration of tourism companies and public or private organizations in the sector.
Its curricular design will allow you to understand and see tourism from a global and international perspective. At the same time, it integrates the development of the necessary competencies for management profiles and those responsible for tourism and hotel businesses.
What do our CETT degree students think?
Our Bachelor's Degree in Tourism has a multidisciplinary approach, so no additional knowledge is required to access the program. Your pre-university studies will be enough, although we recommend that you have notions of humanities and social sciences.
If you come from a vocational background, you can apply for credit recognition and follow a tailor-made study pathway. Ask our student guidance team for all the details!
The recommended profile for prospective students of the degree:
- Has a good level of foreign languages, especially English.
- Has basic knowledge in tourism and hotel business management.
- Has analytical and organizational skills.
- Has critical and reflective capacity.
- Can study the dynamics of business growth and internationalization.
- Has empathy and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Has a high sense of ethics.
- Has an interest in traveling, enjoying the knowledge of other cultures, and contacting different realities.
AN EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING JOURNEY
The study plan for the Bachelor's Degree in Tourism is composed of four courses of 60 ECTS each. The first two are common to all students. In the 3rd and 4th years, you will study the subjects corresponding to the specializations.
DO YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THE SPECIALIZATIONS?
Your specialization will allow you to study more specific topics to gain experience and knowledge. The specialization you take will also appear on your official degree, as you have acquired the associated professional competencies. Within the degree, you will be able to specialize by taking the following specializations:
The study program of this degree is structured in four academic years, with 60 ECTS credits each. The first two academic years cover core areas for all students. The last two are dedicated to your chosen specialization.
DESIGN YOUR PROEFESSIONAL PROFILE
At CETT, we offer you skill enhancement pathways to adapt the degree to your motivations and interests and configure your professional profile with an added and differential value that will boost your professional career.
After completing your skills enhancement itinerary, you will receive an expert diploma in the chosen area, which will certify this itinerary to complement your degree specialization.
Depending on your interests, you will be able to choose between several intensification itineraries:
- Skills Enhancement: you will be able to take 18 credits to further deepen your knowledge in any of the following areas:
- Internationalization: new emerging markets, models, and expansion strategies in tourism businesses, etc.
- Digitalization: Big data management, Artificial Intelligence, digital applications in tourism, innovation: innovation models, agile methodologies for innovation, and technological innovation in tourism.
- Experiences: film and literature, food and wine tourism, design of establishments in hospitality, and design of experiential spaces in catering.
- Sustainability: ethics and CSR, development cooperation and tourism, tourism and gender.
Skills Enhancement oriented to increase language proficiency: you will be able to master a second language and take up to 27 credits of French or German. You will also learn other foreign languages such as Chinese or Russian and Spanish for international students.
Skills Enhancement oriented to applied learning and knowledge of organizations and business management models: to carry out cross-training between various departments of national and international companies for 4 to 6 months.
At the end of your studies of the Tourism Degree you will be able to work in:
- Lodging companies
- Catering companies
- Congress and convention organization companies
- Transport and logistics companies
- Teaching, research, and consulting
- Tourism intermediation companies
- Public administrations
What our Alumni say
A UNIQUE TOURISM SCHOOL IN BARCELONA
Study the Tourism Degree in Barcelona, Spain, and enjoy the facilities of CETT-UB. More than 6,700 m² meters, its own internship companies and a teaching staff consisting of experts and working professionals. The school is very well connected, next to the Mundet Metro stop, with several bus lines and is easily accessible from the Ronda de Dalt in your own vehicle and with the breathtaking views of the Collserola Natural Park behind you. Start studying the Tourism Degree in Barcelona at CETT and define your future.