In order to guarantee a better transition from the pre-university period to university life, the recommended incoming student profile for future Tourism degree graduates should meet the following recommendations, which will help the student during the first academic year of the Tourism degree program:
- Have a good level of languages, which is fundamental knowledge for Tourism studies.
- Basic knowledge of Geography, Economics, Psychology, and Mathematics (in some cases, CETT-UB offers introductory courses on these basic topics if students have not taken these courses before university).
- Be willing to work in a dynamic sector, where initiative is valued.
- An aptitude for dealing with people.
- Skills related to leadership, teamwork, and project management.