Autonomous work on the educational material and training microcapsules available in the virtual classroom proposed by teachers and experts.
HOW IS THE METHODOLOGY IN THIS MASTER?
The blended methodology of the program is based on the following pedagogical tools:
The Master is conducted in blended format. It has a comprehensive and proactive learning methodology, with a sequential modular format focused on the student. You are the protagonist, in an educational environment that encourages you to learn in an analytical, reflective and autonomous way thanks to the support of teachers, tutors and international experts in the sector.
Different complementary methodological approaches are used throughout the master's degree to encourage your participation and help you acquire soft skills and specific competencies:
Following the inverted class strategy or flipped classroom:
Hands-on activities at the CETT, in Barcelona. Once the online sessions are finished, you will participate for 3 weeks, during the month of June, in the face-to-face sessions to put into practice the skills previously acquired. Is about:
The evaluation is continuous, there are no final exams. You will do several activities, individually or in groups, that correspond to the topics covered in the modules of each subject, which are progressively evaluated by the teachers. Each activity is assigned a percentage of the final grade that corresponds to the difficulty and time required to complete it.
- Basic comprehension activities. The activities of this type are exercises that teachers propose after each synchronous session to ensure the understanding of the content worked on.
- Deepening activities. These are activities of analysis and reflection through which you must demonstrate your learning and correct interpretation of the contents and knowledge acquired during the development of each topic. In this type of activities we propose: case studies, problem solving based on challenges, creation of process maps and online collaborative activities.
- Discussions. The debates proposed in the forum space are mandatory and, therefore, evaluable. The following criteria will be taken into account in the evaluation: participation, sending reasoned answers with criteria and proactive character.
During the classroom sessions, you will participate in masterclass sessions and professional seminars that will be evaluated through practical and written tests. Attendance is mandatory in all the proposed sessions.
Specialization in Events Management
Total credits of the master: 60 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System)
|Code||Events Management Specialization||Credits|
|Required Subjects||18 ECTS|
|0590002||Economic and Financial Management||6|
|0590026||Marketing Management in Tourism Companies||6|
|Specialization electives||27 ECTS|
|590016||Management of Experiences||3|
|590018||Operations Management: Planning and Management||6|
|590019||Operations Management: Logistics and Control||6|
|590014||Market Research Methodology||6|
|Senior Capstone Project||15 ECTS|
MASTER'S CAPSTONE PROJECT
The Master's Capstone Project (MCP) (15 ECTS) is the completion of the Master's learning process, where the competencies you have acquired are reflected, as well as their application and development. It is a work of business and or academic application. According to your interests and professional motivations, you will expand some aspects of the chosen specialization.
To obtain this Master's degree, students must pass this integrative subject. Thus, the MCP is an instrument to train our students to analyze tourism problems and facts through research methods based on the identification and use of different variables. It is also an assessment tool for the Master's competencies with a globalizing perspective.
The MCP is individual. You will have to carry out your work under the supervision of a professor where you can choose between three typologies:
- Applied research projects linked to the CETT-UB Research Groups.
- Professional application projects proposed by companies and collaborating organizations.
- Business plans to develop business ideas.
Each project is unique and requires a different approach and attention appropriate to its objectives and subject matter. Your tutor will set the guidelines to follow.
The MCP will be presented online and will be evaluated by the Master's commission.
During your training period at CETT-UB, you will have the opportunity to do your internship in first-class companies and institutions, to apply and complement the knowledge acquired, and at the same time to promote the acquisition of skills that prepare them for the exercise of professional activities.
The internships have two modalities:
- Curricular: linked to subjects of the program you are taking and that are part of its academic curriculum, therefore, mandatory.
- Extracurricular: not included in the syllabus and are voluntary.
The internships are carried out through university-entrepreneur cooperation agreements and are supervised by expert subject professors.
CETT-UB will help you find the most suitable opportunities for your professional profile and your motivations among the more than 900 requests from companies we receive annually. Likewise, we will help you contact and accompany you in accessing the most attractive companies and institutions to your professional objectives.
As a differential feature to the market, the CETT-UB has its group of companies dedicated to training and offering quality hotel and tourism services so that you can apply this practical knowledge without leaving the Campus:
- Hotel Alimara
- Àgora Residence
- Aula Restaurant
- Summum Restaurant & Bar
At the end of this Master, you will obtain the following degree depending on the chosen specialty:
1) Official Degree University of Barcelona: University Master's Degree in Tourism Business Management. Specialization in:
- Event Management
*Obtained verification of the curriculum by the Council of Universities, following a report by the Agència per a la Qualitat del Sistema Universitari de Catalunya, as well as the authorization of the Autonomous Community of Catalonia, and established the official nature of the degree by agreement of the Council of Ministers of September 26, 2014 (published in BOE of October 18, 2014).
2) Degree from CETT, Barcelona School of Tourism, Hospitality & Gastronomy: University Master's Degree in Tourism Business Management, according to the chosen specialty.
3) Double or triple specialization: if you wish, the Official Master's Degree in Tourism Business Management offers you the possibility of taking the three specialties of the program, thus expanding your skills to adapt to the labor market.
Likewise, besides the University of Barcelona's official degree, you will obtain a diploma with the training you have completed, recognized by the sector for its academic and professional excellence.
RUCT Code: 4311520
This Master's Degree has been taught since 2014, being verified by the Catalan Agency for University Quality (AQU), the highest university quality body in Catalonia, a reason that gives this program a rigorous academic trajectory.