Thanks to our Official Master's Degree in Innovation in Tourism Management, you will learn to design disruptive, unique tourism products and projects that positively impact society and the environment.
At CETT-UB, we are aware of applying innovation models focused on tourist destinations' capacity. It is necessary to design competitive and quality products through its strategic, organizational, and operational models. All this considering the particularities of the sector:
- The intangibility of tourism products and services.
- The interdependence between the resources managed at the destination and its companies.
The sector needs disruptive profiles to innovate, lead, and manage tourist destinations facing the industry's challenges: globalization, digitalization, new types of customers, and sustainability concerns.
Do you want to be part of a new generation of professionals who develop new tourism models based on smart destinations, gastronomy, cultural, and natural heritage?
In this Master's degree, you will acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to:
- Innovate in the management and supply of tourism services to adapt them to the new structure of tourism intermediation in the markets, driven by digital technologies and a new consumer type.
- Identify new demand needs, exploiting new technologies for strategic decision making.
- Build a work culture, efficient, organized, and focused on customers and sustainability.
- Ensure a balance between tourism activity and its environment. The priorities for action in sustainability must include an understanding of the impacts generated by the tourism phenomenon.
- Discover more reasons to course this master.
Our program allows you to specialize in three areas. You will be able to make the most of and understand their synergies to create unique tourism products. Thus, throughout the course, you will study subjects common to a Master's degree in Innovation in Cultural and Natural tourism, those of a Master's degree in Gastronomic tourism, and those of a Master's degree in Planning Design of tourist destinations.
Methodolgy and Assesment
The Master's Degree has its own learning system in which you will be the center of the learning process. You will learn thanks to your active participation in the classroom through learning by doing and interaction among students, or own methodologies such as CBL and PBL.
ONE MASTER'S DEGREE AND THREE SPECIALTIES
The master's degree has three specialization routes that will allow you to delve into different areas according to your interests and motivations. Thanks to these specialties you will achieve a much more competitive professional profile and the necessary knowledge to face the different challenges faced by companies and tourist destinations to create and launch products.
Do you want to study our program online but don't want to miss our face-to-face classes? Our program has the advantage of being taught in blended mode. You will be able to complete 70% of the program online and 30% face-to-face in Barcelona as part of a unique academic stay. Ask our support team for all the details.
WHY STUDY THE OFFICIAL MASTER'S DEGREE OF INNOVATION IN TOURISM MANAGEMENT?
This Master's will provide you with the hard and soft skills necessary to incorporate innovation into your work culture.
You will respond to the challenges of the sector thanks to the knowledge of innovation in management, which will allow you to develop new products and services based on the sustainable use of the resources of the territory in any of the three specific areas of the Master: Gastronomy, Culture and the natural environment, and Territorial planning
You will create a culture of innovation: you will be oriented towards developing and constantly valorizing new products and services based on the sustainable use of territorial resources and technological tools' efficient use.
You will design and communicate differential experiences: you will learn storytelling and storydoing to create and share competitive products and services.
You will have a comprehensive vision of tourism and its components: you will understand the sector's diversity, its essential elements, and its needs.
You will learn with the best: the Master's has an outstanding teaching staff, with a renowned and established professional and academic background. Besides, active collaborators participate and contribute their experience through case studies.
You will see the sector from the inside: the Master's includes visits to companies, institutions, organizations, and tourist destinations that will allow you to learn first-hand about innovative and successful tourism models, as well as update you on the latest trends in the sector.
Most of our students find jobs once they finish the Master's degree or are promoted within their company.
An official Master's Degree; it is the only Official Master's Degree in Tourism Management Innovation awarded by the University of Barcelona and CETT. Academically recognized in Spain and abroad, it will also give you access to doctoral studies.
Two paths for your professional development:
A research-oriented Master's degree: this is the only Master's degree that offers a solid research base based on CETT's Research Groups' extensive trajectory and scientific production. You will have to take two subjects oriented to research methodology.
A Master's degree oriented to professional practice that allows you to carry out curricular and extracurricular internships. CETT-UB has more than 900 collaboration agreements to do these internships.
What do our master students think?
WHAT OBJECTIVES WILL YOU ACHIEVE WITH THE MASTER'S DEGREE IN INNOVATION IN TOURISM MANAGEMENT?
The general objective of the Official Master's Degree in Innovation in Tourism Management is to train you in the culture of innovation so that you can make strategic decisions in organizations, institutions, companies, and tourist destinations.
The specific objectives to achieve with this Master's Degree are:
- To understand all aspects of R&D&I in tourism and integrate all elements linked to research and design of innovative tourism products and services.
- To delve into the essential professional knowledge that will allow you to innovate to ensure the success and transformation of institutions, organizations, and tourist destinations.
- Provide the tools and techniques for the analysis and diagnosis of current and future strategic challenges in the tourism sector,
- Learn to formulate strategies necessary to guarantee the competitiveness and sustainability of tourism based on innovative processes.
- Enhance your leadership skills and contribute to implementing more effective innovative management models in organizations and destinations in the tourism sector.
- Promote the culture of innovation and entrepreneurship in the tourism sector.
WHAT COMPETENCES WILL YOU ACQUIRE WITH THE MASTER'S DEGREE IN INNOVATION IN TOURISM MANAGEMENT?
The main competencies that you will develop throughout this Master's degree in tourism innovation are:
- Improve management skills in developing and valorizing new products based on the territory, cultural and natural resources, and gastronomy.
- Develop strategies and actions for marketing and communication of tourism projects.
- Transform ideas and knowledge into value for the client to generate sustainable results for tourism organizations and society.
- Understand the principles of tourism and the importance of its socio-cultural and environmental impact.
- Understand the tourism destination as an integral system where a multitude of variables and factors interact.
- Develop and apply innovative methods and tools for territorial planning and management of tourist destinations.
- Design the strategic planning process of the tourist destination.
- Analyze and evaluate a territory's cultural and gastronomic resources' tourism potential to design products, services, and innovative projects.
- Identify, pose or solve a problem in a relevant and creative way, interpreting and evaluating the results obtained with a critical spirit.
The Master's Degree consists of the first block of core subjects in the three specialties to lay the foundations of the concept of innovation applied to the tourism sector. In a second block, you will take the specialization-specific subjects.
Note that you can take a second or third specialization after finishing the Master's degree and your chosen domain. Ask our careers' service team for details.
The syllabus of the Official Master's Degree in Innovation in Tourism Management in any of its specialties lasts one academic year, equivalent to one year.
- Delivery of the Master's Capstone Project: The Master's Capstone Project can be submitted in two exclusive calls (June or September).
The Master's is aimed at those people who want to learn and delve deeper into the tools and strategies of innovation to face the changes in the tourism sector.
- Technicians and professionals in management positions
Professionals in the sector need to update their knowledge and professional skills and learn about the latest trends and tools that affect their professional specialization.
- Business owners of tourism companies
Entrepreneurs and business owners who wish to learn more about strategies, techniques, and tools for tourism management, applying the culture of innovation.
People interested in developing business projects in this sector, knowing beforehand the keys to success and its risks, and going deeper into the different areas of innovation in management.
- University graduates
University graduates who wish to boost their professional career and expand their professional contacts in the tourism sector.
This Master's will allow you to develop your professional career in:
- Public administrations
- Tourism companies
- Cultural organizations and facilities
- Gastronomic entities and companies
- Tourism foundations
- Private tourism consultancies and advisors
The main professional opportunities for our students of this Master's are:
- Manager of companies and destinations linked to cultural and natural heritage, gastronomic and culinary heritage, and urban destinations.
- Responsible for culture, gastronomy, and tourism planning departments.
- Consultant, advisor, and coach for tourism organizations and destinations.
- Professor and researcher specialized in the cultural, historical, natural, and territorial aspects of the tourism sector.